C H A P T E R 1

— • —

Chapter 1: I, Feng Xi, Became a Cannon Fodder!

A ray of light struck Feng Xi's eyes, and with the warmth lingering, he gradually awoke. His eyelashes quivered as he slowly lifted his eyelids. Although the light-induced a slight drowsiness, he mustered the strength to rise from his bed.

He rubbed his eyes gently while stretching his other arm upward, accompanied by a yawn. For a few moments, he remained in a haze until clarity dawned upon him, and he understood his surroundings.

Huh? What is this place? It looks old, but it's still clean. Am I perhaps kidnapped?

His usual house, typically gray in style, contrasted sharply with his current surroundings. The interior was predominantly white and notably simplistic: a single bed adorned with a white blanket, a modest table at the center, and a bamboo chair positioned before the window where white curtains danced gently in the breeze.

He tiptoed across the room and silently retrieved the broom beside the door. Feng Xi was uncertain of what would transpire or when the kidnapper might emerge, so he opted to wait by the door.

"Senior Brother Liu Xiao—" The man clad in a light blue robe was abruptly struck on the head by the broom. He tumbled, caressed his head lightly, and gave Feng Xi a look of bewilderment.

"Senior Brother Liu, what's wrong with you? Have you gone crazy after Senior Sister Chen Yi rejected your jade hairpin gift?" What's name was he saying? Feng Xi looked at the man and put down the broom he was holding. "Wait——Dude, who am I again?" He asked with a puzzled face. The man raised his eyebrow confusingly but still answered. "You're Senior Brother Liu Xiao."

Feng Xi gasped, then suddenly laughed. "Am I dreaming? Wait, maybe I am. But this feels too real. I can even feel the way I hold the broom. Is that weird?" He is the one looking weird.

The man just looked at him with a confused face. He brushed away the dust on the hem of his light blue robe and turned to Feng Xi. "I don't know what's happening to you, senior brother, but Master Mo is calling to you and saying that it's time to eat breakfast."

The man departed and shut the door behind him. Feng Xi remained pondering whether the unfolding events were mere figments of a dream.

How do I wake up here? This feels too weird; I can feel my senses all over my body. I especially feel healthy, like I didn't have anemia at all. He looked at his hands and shook them. If someone saw him, he would look like a madman possessed by an ape.

Wait, my hands seemed a bit long and thin. Whose hands are these? Feng Xi slowly walked into the mirror with a terrified expression. What he saw turned his world upside down.

Big hazel eyes, a beautiful man's celestial face, long black hair, a thin, refined body wearing a light blue robe—it's Liu Xiao!

Why am I dreaming about Liu Xiao? Is it because I bashed him too much when I read the novel? But he was a shallow person. No wonder my voice seemed gentle and refined. So this is not my body?

He gazed into the mirror, observing the contours of his physique. Undoubtedly, he possessed exceptional handsomeness. His appearance suggested that of a courteous man who would offer sincere smiles to women and show reverence towards the elderly. However, his demeanor starkly contrasted with his outward charm.

What a waste! If this were mine, I would make a 100-woman harem and rise to the peak of the cultivation world instead of putting up childish behavior and being similar to Chen Yi. Tch!  ̄へ ̄