C H A P T E R 3

— • —

Chapter 3: Wan Zhan Peak and Mount Hua Peak

Liu Xiao burst into Mo Xian's chambers, appearing exhausted and gasping for air. Chen Yi and a doctor from Moung Hua Peak were already attending to his slumbering master.

"M-Master's... Huff... Condition..." Liu Xiao immediately said. The doctor sighed and spoke. "One of his meridians exploded again. This is becoming serious and serious. We must contact Wan Zhan Peak Master Tian Lang."

(Wan Zhan means Ten Thousand Battles in Chinese.)

How could I forget about it? Mount Hua Peak Master Mo Xian had Qi Deviation when he was disturbed in cultivating at the Mount Hua Peak cultivation cave. After that, Mo Xian's meridians always exploded, and his spiritual qi became chaotic. It was still suppressed, but it was like putting tape in a cracked glass overflowing with water.

(Qi Deviation is like an error when you're in the middle of cultivating. It may lead to death or fatal damage to your meridians where the spiritual qi flows.)

Occasionally, Mo Xian's meridians burst, and Peak Master Tian Lang of Wan Zhan assists in subduing them by reducing Mo Xian's spiritual qi. So this is why Mo Xian was in a hurry to pick a successor and self-destruct himself when the two competent candidates for it were gone. How sad.

Chen Yi clasped the hand of her slumbering master and let out a sigh. "I shall now pay a visit to the Master of Wan Zhan Peak," she declared. Casting a brief look at Liu Xiao, she departed. Despite her reputation as the capricious Autumn Fairy Chrysanthemum, she exhibits maturity and grace on occasion.

The physician of Mount Hua Peak regarded the peak's master with a dour countenance before he made his way out of the chambers. Left in solitude, Liu Xiao remained.

He sat on the floor beside his master's bed and stared at his master's gentle, sleeping face. How tragic! Why did Master Mo Xian's two direct disciples have low-quality characters? The other one has a rotten personality, and the other one is spoiled. *sighs* Master Mo, you should've picked a disciple based on their personality, not appearance. Even though the two of them were talented, they will both leave you!

But don't worry, Master Mo. I won't leave you like the original "Liu Xiao" and Chen Yi did. Even though I can't promise that... (╥╯﹏╰╥)ง

Exhausted, he had even lost sight of his initial goal to steal the Black Book from Wu Qingge. The scene before him had so captivated his attention that the opportunity to purloin the tome had slipped away, now that the elder and Wu Qingge had formed a pact.

But wait, what if I change the way I treat Wu Qingge? What if I become kind to him and don't bully him again? Wait—I'm not planning to bully him in the first place after entering here, but if I suddenly become kind to him, other disciples may think I'm weird, and Wu Qingge will think that I flock to him just because of the elder in the black book. That will push me straight to my grave! No, no, no!

But what if I take it slow? I know I can't because Wu Qingge will learn the elder's martial arts and cultivation in less than seven months, but I must be patient with changing things.

"Mmm..." Mo Xian, the Peak Master of Mount Hua, suddenly groaned. Liu Xiao, lost in thought, promptly adjusted his sitting posture and turned his attention to his master. "Master Mo..." As Mo Xian's eyes gradually opened, he noticed Liu Xiao's concerned expression and swiftly rose to his feet.

Liu Xiao stopped him. "Master Mo, just lie down. The doctor said that your meridians exploded again. You're being hard on yourself too much, Master," Liu Xiao said with a sad expression.