C H A P T E R 1 0

— • —

Chapter 10: The Rising Star Cultivation Battle, Part 2

In an instant, two days elapsed, and the Rising Star Cultivation Battle commenced. Liu Xiao devoted these entire days solely to eating, sleeping, and training, eagerly awaiting their conclusion. He languidly reached for some biscuits on the carriage's small table, which teetered slightly as the wheels encountered random stones. Leaning against the window, Liu Xiao admired the distant mountainous panorama while nibbling on the biscuits.

"Brother Liu Xiao, you're so laid-back," observed Chen Yi from across from him. Of course, I don't really want to fight. I just want to go to the Rising Star Cultivation Battle to watch the protagonist fight the arrogant cultivators and become known to the cultivation world!

Mo Xian chuckled silently to himself, taking a sip of his tea. Chen Yi rolled her eyes and exclaimed, "Tch! Don't pretend to be innocent! I know you aspire to be renowned as the strongest cultivator, yet you can't even defeat Bai Shixiong!" She stressed the word 'strongest' with a look of displeasure on her beautiful face. Liu Xiao crunched on his biscuit loudly, choosing to remain silent. Chen Yi folded her arms and let out a low "humph."

"You two, please don't argue," Mo Xian interjected in a soft tone, his gentle smile unwavering. Heeding his words, the pair turned their gaze to the scenery outside the carriage, their annoyance palpable.

As they drew closer, an immense highland with a palace floating atop it came into view. The sole access was by sword flight. Liu Xiao observed numerous cultivators soaring toward the floating palace; their robes fluttered in hues of pink, green, gold, brown, purple, and white as they ascended in a chaotic dance.

The carriage halted before the grand celestial gate leading to the floating palace. Mo Xian alighted first, followed by Chen Yi, with Liu Xiao trailing behind. The disciples of Mount Hua Peak sat astride their horses with solemn dignity, while others stood with equal gravitas. In the world of cultivation, one must exude confidence; showing any less invites scorn from rival peaks.

Among the group of disciples, Wu Qingge was on the back, looking radiant and handsome. He's the only one who's noticeable while sitting on his horse. Both eyes met, and Liu Xiao gave a slight smile on his face to greet Wu Qingge. Wu Qingge, on the other hand, noticed it and put a gentle smile on his face while staring at Liu Xiao. Chen Yi suddenly ran past him and approached Wu Qingge.

"Junior Brother Wu!" Chen Yi called out in a sweet and alluring voice. The other disciples looked on in awe and cast envious glances at Wu Qingge, who did not divert his gaze from Liu Xiao. Liu Xiao offered an awkward smile and scratched his head before turning away. To avoid any strange misconceptions from Chen Yi, I decided it was best to focus on my own affairs.

As Liu Xiao approached the celestial gate, he was captivated by its intricate patterns. The floor shone with the whiteness of fine marble, which was pristine and devoid of any dust. Flanking the celestial gate were two statues of roaring griffins, so lifelike they seemed to move, yet they were still. Elegance and luxury pervaded the entire place.

Liu Xiao channeled a trace of spiritual qi into his sword, just enough to levitate it. A white, pinkish energy emanated from the pommel, spreading to the shape of its scabbard. Stepping atop the sword, which supported his full weight, he gently ascended towards the floating palace.

Passersby cultivators watched in amazement as he stood gracefully on his sword, ascending like a butterfly into the sky. Some would steal a quick glance before resuming their activities and discreetly watching him from afar. The elders who witnessed this scene began to whisper among themselves.

His Meihua Swan | 他的大天鵝 (BL)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara