C H A P T E R 4 3

— • —

Chapter 43: The Man in the Golden Dragon Robe, Part 3

"Wen Yong, pluck one golden peony flower and give it to me."

While Wen Yong was in the backyard garden, immersed in absorbing the spiritual qi of the Golden Peony Flower, he suddenly turned towards Liu Xiao.

"Oh, you're back again. Wait, who is that woman? No, a puppet! Why'd you bring her here inside your dimension ring?"

Liu Xiao gently placed the puppet woman onto the soft, white bed and extended his hand towards Wen Yong, demanding he hand over the Golden Peony Flower immediately.

Wen Yong, clicking his tongue in response to Liu Xiao's lack of an answer, plucked a peony flower from the expansive green garden. The flower shimmered, its golden hue radiating brilliantly. He presented it to Liu Xiao, who quickly took it.

Approaching the puppet woman, Liu Xiao crouched beside the bed. He released a trace of his spiritual qi, causing the golden peony flower to levitate, while the jewel on his forehead emitted an orange light. Slightly curling his fingers, he infused the golden peony flower with his spiritual qi. The flower transformed into an exquisite golden pearl, tinged with a faint orange hue from Liu Xiao's spiritual qi.

The pearl, imbued with a hint of orange spiritual qi, floated gracefully above Liu Xiao's palm. He then opened the mouth of the puppet woman, who lay dazed with her golden eyes wide open. Placing the pearl on her tongue, Liu Xiao commanded, "Swallow it."

The puppet woman cast a glance at him and slowly swallowed the pearl. Moments later, her body emitted a golden radiance, transforming her wooden exterior into flesh as pale as snow. Her luminous golden eyes gradually dimmed to a bronze hue. The puppet woman, previously reclined on the bed, gradually rose to her feet, her lips parting.

"Aaahhh..." she uttered unexpectedly, a soft, low sound. Tears streamed down her face, a stark contrast to her former puppet self, who could not cry; her sobs resonated within the dwelling.

"Thank you, young man. Thank you. I was able to talk again. I'm..." All of a sudden, she started crying again.

Liu Xiao could only offer an awkward smile and scratch his head as he watched the woman cry her heart out. Moments later, they both stopped, alerted by a faint, soft sound emanating from nearby.

"Fuaaaahhhh...."

A tiny, human-like snake approached. Liu Xiao welcomed it with a tender smile, allowing the creature to slither towards him and nestle its petite face against his chin. Abruptly, a woman rose before them, her expression etched with astonishment and disbelief.

"W-Weng'er." Her pale face burst into tears again. "Weng'oer, my daughter, you're...you're alive?! I thought after I became a puppet, you're------Weng'er!"

The woman gently clasped the tiny, human-like snake and cradled its petite frame. The little serpent could only cuddle in return, uttering a soft 'fuaaahh' as it allowed the woman to hold it close, sharing a moment of deep affection and closeness.

"You're—you're her mother?! This tiny snake is originally a human child?!" Liu Xiao said in disbelief.

The woman was on the bed and still embraced the tiny human snake in her palm. She sighed with a grief expression and spoke, "I am Wanjie, and this child is Wengying. We were but a lowly commoner, so we have not bestowed a surname. Two hundred years ago."