C H A P T E R 4

— • —

Chapter 4: The Shen Hua Mountain Part 1

Wan Zhan Peak is renowned for its exceptional blade martial arts. Although their techniques appear straightforward, swift, and effortless, they are in fact laden with intricate stances and formations.

The style lacks ornate scenery or flamboyant maneuvers, yet possesses formidable power capable of vanquishing adversaries. This is precisely the type of technique that Peak Master Tian Lang covets—one that eschews ostentation in favor of sheer efficacy in defeating foes and securing victory.

Peak Master Tian Lang's inaugural disciple was Bai Lan, a prodigious young man endowed with vast and expansive spiritual qi. Struck by his potential, Tian Lang chose him as his premier direct disciple.

Under Tian Lang's rigorous tutelage, Bai Lan flourished, mastering the five configurations of the Simplified Blade Strikes. Despite the deceptive nomenclature suggesting minimalism, these were composed of five hundred distinct positions across the quintet of formations. In a realm where mastering thirty positions is deemed arduous, the complexity and might of five hundred positions stand as a testament to the most challenging and potent martial art in Tian Lang's arsenal.

As the Rising Star Cultivation Battle began, Bai Lan, the disciple, secured the top position in the cultivation world's rankings and earned the title "Yin Ren Warrior." The moniker "Yin Ren (Silver Blade) Warrior" was bestowed upon him because a mere slash from his silver blade possessed the might to cleave a mountain. Bai Lan truly lived up to his name.

The original "Liu Xiao" harbored deep envy towards him. Despite numerous confrontations, Liu Xiao never managed to triumph over Bai Lan, not even once. His Meihua (plum blossom) petals were no match for Bai Lan's swift swordplay. Their relentless duels led Liu Xiao to regard Bai Lan as his foremost adversary. That was the conclusion.

This narrative unfolded in the original novel, "The Black Book." To summarize, the relationship between the original "Liu Xiao" and Bai Lan was fraught with tension. Indeed, it is clear that a diamond and coal cannot both be esteemed as jewels. (It's like saying you can't compare the real to the fake.)

The original "Liu Xiao" possessed a disagreeable personality and harbored desires for Chen Yi. Conversely, Bai Lan is a virtuous individual who consistently strives for triumph. If I'd entered here, at least they should've made me transfer to Bai Lan's body! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Returning to reality, Master Mo Xian's body has not fully recovered. The essence of the black lotus is essential for his return to normalcy.

But wait...... Black lotus essence... The elder! If I can ask him a favor—no! It's top-secret information for both of them! How could I dare to say it directly?! They will kill me if they know that I know about the Black Lotus cultivation! So No!

Then should we really go to Shen Hua Mountain? I know a bit of information about it from the novel. *sigh* This puts me in a tight situation. Why am I making decisions by myself?

The Masters and Elders were debating whether to journey to Shen Hua Mountain when Liu Xiao interjected. "Elders, Masters, I shall go," he declared. Everyone present turned to him, their expressions filled with astonishment.

"However, you cannot. We are uncertain if the essence of the Black Lotus still exists, nor do we know the correct method to harvest it," stated an elder. Liu Xiao shook his head and responded, "I am aware of it."