C H A P T E R 2 1

— • —

Chapter 21: War Between the Righteous and Demonic Paths, Part 2

It seemed that every small and large particle in the world halted, transfixed by the indifferent gaze of the man who stood radiantly at the center of the battlefield. His black and blood-red robe billowed as a breeze brushed its hem.

Mo Xian was astonished, Tian Lang exhaled a sigh of relief, Chen Yi wore a proud smile, and Shan Ling was grinning with a blush. "Wu Qingge? Why are you here?" Mo Xian inquired, his expression one of unexpectedness at Wu Qingge's arrival.

"Where is Liu Xiao? Is he faring well?" Wu Qingge glanced over as Liu Xiao's name was mentioned. He sighed and responded slowly, "I have confined him."

Disbelief washed over Mo Xian; his breathing turned ragged, and he attempted to speak up to chastise Wu Qingge, but Wu Qingge continued, "This war is dangerous; I do not wish for Gege to witness it. His dance is ill-suited for such conflict," he stated bluntly.

Bai Lan pondered the relevance of Liu Xiao's dance to the situation.

Behind them, Shan Ling and Chen Yi jostled each other, vying to get closer to Wu Qingge. However, Dao Ling's resonant laughter halted their advance. "You seem restless, Little Wu."

Wu Qingge pursed his lips, frowned, and tapped his left foot before replying, "I must return swiftly to the mountain."

Dao Ling's laughter boomed once more. He rose from his throne and descended the black, floating jade stairs with deliberate steps that alarmed the cultivators before him. The bells and jewels adorning his robe jingled with each heavy step.

A faint black-purple demonic qi emanated from Wu Qingge's right palm, swirling around it as he eyed Dao Ling advancing with a malevolent smile. Dao Ling halted ten meters from Wu Qingge and the cultivators behind him.

"Haa, I'm weary of these feeble individuals engaging in petty squabbles," declared Dao Ling with an exasperated sigh, alluding to the cultivators and his subordinates. He cast a glance towards Wu Qingge and added, "True combat ought to resemble this."

In the blink of an eye, a vast orb of black and red flame materialized. Dao Ling gently curled his fingers, and the orb swiftly morphed into a sword. Its hilt was black, adorned with grotesque blinking eyes sporting red pupils, while its blade was a pale red, glistening faintly in the moonlight.

On the other side, Wu Qingge performed a similar feat, albeit with a slight variation; he remained motionless, yet from within him emerged a black lotus. He uttered a single word softly.

"Sword."

The black lotus gradually transformed into a longsword; its hilt was black, etched with ancient designs, and its blade was a deep purple. Wu Qingge's brow furrowed as the black lotus sword began to move autonomously, as if it possessed life itself.

(Well, it was really a living thing; it's the former Mount Hua Peak master.)

"Look, Wu Qingge made a sword from his own body!"

"The black lotus cultivation is really amazing!"

"He is the descendant of the legendary genius former Mount Hua Peak Master!"

"He and the demon cult leader are on the same level! We might win this!"

"With Wu Qingge here, we might protect the mortal realm and avoid the fall of our peak!"