C H A P T E R 5 8

— • —

Chapter 58: The Final War, Part 1

"Old Palace Master, what's going on?" Mo Xian's brow furrowed as he cast a wary glance at the other cultivators brandishing their swords in their direction.

Su Luxia's confusion mirrored Mo Xian's. "Why are they drawing their swords, Old Palace Master? Have we somehow offended you?"

Seated serenely at the center, the old palace master's voice cut through the tension. "Do you not understand the situation?"

Mo Xian frowned even more. "Understand what? Kindly enlighten us, Old Palace Master."

As the old palace master gestured, the other cultivators took a few menacing steps toward Mo Xian and the others, their swords drawn with deadly intent. Speaking in a low, hoarse voice, he commanded, "Kill them."

Zhan Baiwon unsheathed his twin sabers from their pitch-black scabbards, an ominous energy pulsating from his palms. Meanwhile, Su Luxia hovered gracefully in the air like an ethereal fairy, her cream-colored robe billowing gently as her black eyes bore down on the cultivators. She began to hum a captivating melody, her melodious voice resonating throughout the floating palace hall, accompanied by a soothing white aura of spiritual energy.

Known for her enchanting voice and no-nonsense demeanor, Tian Xian Peak Master Su Luxia was fiercely protective of women and highly suspicious of strangers, particularly lecherous men. Having once been a slave in the lawless town of Yingren, she was determined to defy societal norms and champion the rights of women.

Sold into slavery for her beauty, Su Luxia managed to escape from her captor's clutches, only to encounter the former Tian Xian Peak Master while fleeing. Despite the old woman's outwardly cold demeanor, she showed kindness to Su Luxia, rescuing her and taking her on as her first disciple.

Tian Xian Peak had long been scorned and dismissed by the other peaks, but under the guidance of the former Peak Master, it flourished once more, earning respect and admiration despite its past reputation as a fallen peak.

Su Luxia stood as the sole disciple on Tian Xian Peak, residing in a modest manor where the former Peak Master once dwelled. It was during this time that Su Luxia learned of her ancestry—the last descendant of the Humming Siren Tribe. A century prior, the tribe had worshiped the Sea Serpent until their demise at the hands of vengeful townsfolk. Su Luxia's mother, having severed ties with the tribe long ago, concealed their lineage upon hearing of the massacre.

Despite her mortal father, Su Luxia possessed a pure-blooded lineage, inheriting the tribe's abilities regardless of her parentage. Under the former Tian Xian Peak Master's guidance, Su Luxia honed her skills through the simple act of humming.

The Humming Siren Tribe was famed for their enchanting voices akin to mermaids', yet their nature was known to be cruel and violent. Their songs could soothe tumultuous seas and revive life around them, granting them the reputation of immortal beings with endless vitality.

However, Su Luxia's cultivation unveiled a diverse range of abilities—offensive, defensive, and healing—bestowed upon her by her humming. It was a remarkable and invaluable gift that she embraced with pride. Upon the former Peak Master's peaceful passing, she found solace in Su Luxia's growth into a resilient, empowered woman.

With the mantle of Tian Xian Peak Master passed onto her, Su Luxia dedicated herself to rescuing abused women, offering them refuge, and teaching various forms of cultivation. Embracing talented disciples from esteemed lineages, Su Luxia elevated Tian Xian Peak's stature, earning respect as a stronghold of independent, formidable women. No longer did her once-fallen peak languish in obscurity; it soared to prominence, a testament to the strength and unity of its inhabitants.