E P I L O G U E

— • —

Epilogue

"The demon clan is raiding?!"

Liu Xiao sprang to his feet, yanking aside the blood-red curtains to peer out the window. His heart skipped a beat at the sight that greeted him—a vast army amassed at the gates of the underworld kingdom, clad in ominous black and silver armor. Amidst the throng, one figure stood out: a demon bearing the face of a lizard atop a humanoid body, unmistakably distinct from the rest of the horde.

"DEMON KING! COME OUT AND FIGHT US! KIKIKIKIKI! YOU CAN'T WIN FROM MY ARMY NOW! KNEEL DOWN AND HAND THE THRONE TO ME AND I'LL SPARE YOUR LIFE!"

As the lizard man bellowed with commanding authority, his subordinates echoed his call, their laughter intertwining with the chilling breeze. They brandished their lethal weapons, mounted atop skeletal horses, ready to unleash havoc upon the kingdom. Liu Xiao's brows furrowed in frustration, his mind racing with the urge to summon Huangtian and turn the invaders into nothing more than ingredients for a sumptuous feast.

Liu Xiao yelled back from the window. "UGLY LIZARDS! GET OUT OF HERE! YOU'RE ALL ARMOR AND WEAPONS, BUT YOUR PHYSIQUE IS JUST A STICK! DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!"

The lizard man lifted his gaze at him, and his eyes narrowed. "WHO'RE YOU?!"

Liu Xiao scowled at him. "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!"

"YOU!!!" The lizard was about to snap when one of his subordinates shouted.

"CLAN LEADER, THAT MAN IS JUST A HUMAN! HE'S NO BIG DEAL!"

The lizard man's gaze pierced through him, his laughter cutting through the tension like a blade. His minions followed suit, their mockery ringing out like a twisted melody. Liu Xiao clenched his jaw, refusing to succumb to their taunts. With a mixture of defiance and frustration, he extended his hand, boldly raising his middle finger in defiance, a silent retort to their jeers.

The lizard man glared at him and mocked him with a sneer. "AFTER I KILL THE DEMON KING, I'LL STAB YOU TO DEATH AFTER! KIKIKIKI!"

A deafening crack shattered the silence within the chamber. Liu Xiao's heart lurched as he spun around to witness Wu Qingge, his hand trembling, holding onto the shattered remnants of the teacup, scalding liquid seeping through his grasp. Panic surged through Liu Xiao's veins, and he rushed to retrieve his torn, plain white robe from earlier, his hands trembling with urgency.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! Look, YOU BURNED YOURSELF!!!" With a furrowed brow, Liu Xiao gently wiped away the spilled tea from Wu Qingge's hand, his movements quickened by anxiety. Drawing closer, he began to blow on the scalded skin with a fretful expression etched on his features.

A soft chuckle danced around Liu Xiao's ears, drawing his attention upward. Pausing in his ministrations, he glanced up with a mix of irritation and concern.

But then, a familiar, gentle smile graced Wu Qingge's lips. It was a smile Liu Xiao had longed for during their time on Mount Hua Peak, a smile that warmed his heart and soul. Seeing it now, tears welled up in Liu Xiao's eyes, cascading down his cheeks like a river in full flow.

A tender thumb brushed away his tears, prompting Liu Xiao to meet Wu Qingge's gaze. Yet, in contrast to the smile, Wu Qingge's eyes radiated a menacing blood-red glow, and a dark, purple aura emanated from his touch.