C H A P T E R 4 0

- • -

Chapter 40: Sudden Marriage at The Underworld Kingdom

The ruby set into Wu Qingge's black ring, worn on his index finger, flickered as it came into contact with his blood. It pulsed once more, drawing in the blood, and before them materialized a floating portal of red mist. Wu Qingge advanced a few paces before extending his hand to Liu Xiao from behind.

With his mouth agape, Liu Xiao eventually grasped Wu Qingge's hand, and together they stepped into the nebulous red vortex. Transitioning between dimensions, Liu Xiao felt as though his body was being torn apart; a wave of dizziness overwhelmed him, and he nearly lost his footing. However, Wu Qingge was quick to steady him, securing him by the waist to prevent a fall.

Urghhh! I have motion sickness! I'm going to puke! (╥﹏╥)

Liu Xiao immediately shook his head to avoid vomiting, and instead, he extended his spiritual qi over his body to maintain stability. The orange jewel on his forehead emitted a radiant glow.

Liu Xiao's vision abruptly turned pitch black, and in an instant, he was welcomed by a new, sinister world. There was neither day nor night; the sky was blood red and the clouds were pitch black. Below the cliff upon which they stood were desolate trees, and the ground was covered with glowing red flowers, reminiscent of those seen at the Shen Jing Mine.

Amidst the barren trees stood a grand black jade palace, rising 20 feet tall. Surrounding this castle was a city adorned with red lanterns. Far from feeling eerie or frightening, Liu Xiao found the view of the kingdom from below mesmerizing. Wu Qingge stepped forward from the cliff's edge, grasped Liu Xiao's waist, and carried him as they descended toward the kingdom.

Similar to the unnamed town, there was neither a gate nor any name inscribed upon it; only a vast black and purple barrier enveloped and safeguarded the entire kingdom. Wu Qingge, supporting Liu Xiao at his side, passed through the barrier with ease and then loosened his grip around Liu Xiao's waist.

"MY LORD! YOU'RE BACK ALREADY!?--IS THAT YOUR WIFE THAT YOU ALWAYS TELL US?"

"WOW! MY LORD, HE'S A BEAUTY! AS EXPECTED OF OUR LORD'S TASTE!"

"ARE YOU HERE TO GET MARRIED?! SHOULD WE PREPARE FOR THE CEREMONY?"

"HEY EVERYONE!!! MY LORD IS BACK WITH HIS SPOUSE! WE FINALLY HAVE A QUEEN! THE UNDERWORLD WILL RISE!!!"

I'm obviously a man! What the hell are these demons saying?!

Amidst the cacophony of raucous demons, Liu Xiao cleared his throat. He stepped back slightly to align himself with Wu Qingge and murmured into his ear, "What are they saying? Is this typical behavior for your subordinates?" Wu Qingge merely offered a smile in response, remaining silent.

A woman with a pale complexion, adorned in vibrant red attire and wearing rouge, approached him accompanied by a group of similarly pale-faced women, also sporting rouge. "HEY PRETTY BOY, COME HERE! COME HERE! LET'S MAKE YOU EVEN MORE PRETTY! LET'S GO! LET'S GO!"

Liu Xiao frowned at them yet allowed the girls to lead him away. Turning his head towards Wu Qingge, he sought assistance, but Wu Qingge merely chuckled and offered a smile. Fuck you! Hurry up and help me!

They stepped into a spacious building adorned with an array of dresses and rouge. They began to undress Liu Xiao, who frowned and pushed the women away. "No, don't--DON'T!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHA! CHILD, DON'T BE SO BASHFUL! WE'VE SEEN PLENTY OF DICKS IN THE WORLD! AND WE WON'T DARE TO TOUCH YOU SINCE YOU'RE OUR LORD'S SOON-TO-BE BRIDE!" the pale woman rouge said, completely stripping Liu Xiao's clothes.