C H A P T E R 6 5

— • —

Chapter 65: A Life for A Life, Part 3

As Liu Xiao's lifeless form lay in Wu Qingge's arms, the battle raged on unabated. Demons swarmed the floating palace, and chaos reigned supreme. Despite his death, the conflict showed no signs of abating. Liu Xiao's grandpa continued his fierce struggle against the old palace master, while Bai Lan and Lan Yang fought valiantly against overwhelming odds. Shan Ling and Chen Yi sought refuge in a corner, clinging to each other for safety, while Mo Xian lay unconscious and Tian Lang stood guard over him.

The scene was a grim tableau of despair, with the once-hopeful battle now descending into a desperate struggle for survival. The cultivators found themselves on the losing side, their efforts futile against the relentless onslaught of demonic forces. Amidst the carnage, Wu Qingge remained on the ground, his gaze fixed on Liu Xiao's lifeless body.

Liu Xiao's once vibrant form now lay pale and motionless, his robes torn and stained with blood from the wounds inflicted by the demonic blade. Wu Qingge's heart ached as he held his friend's cold body, pouring his own energy into futile attempts to revive him. But the curse of the demonic sword rendered his efforts futile, the wounds only growing worse with each passing moment.

As Wu Qingge continued to pour his energy into Liu Xiao's lifeless form, a surreal sense of unreality descended upon the scene. The jewel embedded in Liu Xiao's forehead dulled and cracked, shattering into a myriad of fragments. Despite Wu Qingge's desperate attempts, the scarlet mist emanating from the wounds only intensified, causing Liu Xiao's body to convulse and blood to spurt forth in a gruesome display.

Yet, amidst the horror, Liu Xiao's serene expression remained unchanged. His eyes, though lifeless, seemed to hold a glimmer of sadness, a silent testament to the tragedy that had befallen them all. And as the battle raged on around them, Wu Qingge clung to his friend's body, his heart heavy with grief and regret.

As Wu Qingge poured every ounce of his qi into Liu Xiao's ravaged body, desperation consumed him. Despite his efforts, the wounds only worsened, transforming Liu Xiao's once-pristine form into a grotesque visage of blood and agony. His beautiful features were obscured by the crimson tide; his elegant robes were now mere rags soaked in his own lifeblood.

Amidst the chaos of battle, the legendary phoenix, Huangtian, soared overhead, clutching the old palace master in its mighty talons. With a deafening roar, Huangtian unleashed its fiery wrath upon its captive, intent on incinerating the villain. But the old palace master, cunning as ever, summoned a shimmering silver crystal that encased Huangtian's claws, allowing him to slip free and escape.

Spotting Wu Qingge cradling Liu Xiao's broken form, the old palace master's eyes gleamed with malice. "Wu Qingge! What madness is this? Destroy them all!"

"YOU BASTARD!!!" Liu Xiao's grandfather, consumed by fury, unleashed a torrent of curses upon the old palace master, but his rage was cut short as he too fell victim to the old palace master's sinister magic. Bound by unyielding silver crystals, he could only watch helplessly as the enemy gloated before him.

Mocking his captive, the old palace master sneered, "Where is your vulgar way of speaking now?"

With a heavy heart, Wu Qingge gently laid Liu Xiao's body upon the blood-soaked ground and rose to his feet. Retrieving the demonic sword, he moved with silent purpose, his expression inscrutable. In an instant, he closed the distance between himself and the old palace master, catching the villain off guard.

With a swift and decisive stroke, the red blade plunged deep into the old palace master's heart, unleashing a torrent of crimson mist and agonized wails. As the villain's life ebbed away, his cries echoed through the air, a fitting requiem for his reign of terror.