Nine

Skye's POV

I had the worst sleep ever, if you can even call it that, I tossed and turned all night. After the weird yet butterfly inducing kiss scenario from last night I had not been able to think of anything else. I rolled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, hopefully a shower will make me feel human again. I looked in the mirror, I looked so tired. I guess that's what you get for staying up most of the night thinking about a boy. I hopped out of the shower, feeling a little bit better and completely thankful I didn't have school today. Once I was dressed I decided I should put Taylor and Lucy out of their misery, they had been texting me all night for details of my date and I hadn't replied. I grabbed my phone off my dresser and sent them the same text, 'Want to come over?'. Within seconds I got their replies, both saying they'd be over asap. I really didn't want to discuss last night but I knew I needed some girly advice if I was going to be able to make it through seeing Wesley at school on Monday.

10 minutes hadn't even passed since I text them and already both girls were sitting on my bed looking at me expectantly. I rolled my eyes, "Swear you will not make too much out of this", I instructed. They nodded in agreement so I proceeded to relay to them all the details of my date. Every so often Lucy would sigh, usually around the bits where I mentioned he opened the car door, or wouldn't let me help pay. I was almost at the end, the kiss, the awkward bit. "And then he leaned in and kissed me", I paused. Taylor and Lucy both squealed, Taylor stood up and began pacing in excitement, she was seriously boy crazy. She turned to me, "Was it good?" she asked. I didn't know what to say, I wanted to say it was incredible but I was kind of embarrassed. She saw me turn red and threw herself down on the bed so she was laying on her back, "It was amazing, I knew it, I knew Wes was a good kisser" she rambled. "You're so lucky" added Lucy. I wanted to tell them that I didn't feel lucky, I felt like maybe he regretted it seeing as he didn't say anything afterwards but I didn't want them to know I liked him. So instead I said, "Nah, it really wasn't a big deal, it's not like it'll happen again, in fact I'm kind of glad the whole thing is over with, life can go back to normal", and I almost believed it.

The girls had to leave because I had to get ready for work, my shift started at 2. Ugh, 2 til 10 I thought, but at least most of school will be at the beach party that Wesley had originally invited me to. I stuffed my apron and my English assignment into my backpack, hoping that if it was quiet enough I could get started on it during work seeing as how it was due Monday and all this date nonsense had distracted me from it. I ran downstairs, "Bye mom, I'm off to work, home just after 10" I yelled as I headed out the front door. "Bye sweetheart" I heard her voice coming from the living room. I hopped on my bike and rode over to the yogurt shop. When I arrived at work I realised I was working the 2 til 10 shift with Cory, I groaned, she seemed to be allergic to hard work. Cory is a year older than me, she graduated last year but is taking a year off before going to college, although I secretly suspect that is just the story she tells because she didn't get into college. In all fairness I didn't really know her that well, she had only started at the yogurt shop a few weeks ago and what I did know about her was from gossip, which I try not to believe.

"Hey kiddo" she said as I walked behind the counter, she was already getting on my nerves by calling me kiddo. "Hey" I replied and I went about re-stocking everything seeing as I knew she wasn't about to. Over the next couple of hours she just stood around, not really doing anything except serving the occasional cute boy and by serving I mean flirting with, seeing as how I usually ended up making their order while she chatted to them. I watched her now, flirting with a guy from my class. She was leaning far over the counter and he seemed pretty speechless by her pose and low cut top. She's definitely good at getting guys attention, I thought to myself, even better than Taylor. I rolled my eyes and headed over to the tables to clear them and wipe them down. The cute boy must have said the right thing because Cory yelled over that she was going on break and the two of them disappeared out the doors into the night. I was annoyed that she just took her break without any warning but relieved I'd have the next half an hour to myself.