Nineteen

Skye's POV

"Ahem", I looked up from where I was sitting with Wesley on the couch to see my mom standing in the door way of the living room. Oh crap, I jumped up embarrassed that she had walked in and seen me on the couch with a boy, not that we were doing anything, but more so that Wesley was about to meet my mom, this felt a bit serious. "Mom...hey...I didn't hear you come in...did you have fun at the movies" I stammered. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Wesley jump up, I felt sorry for the guy, this had to be awkward for him. "Hi, I'm Wesley" he spoke politely, reaching out his hand to shake my mom's hand. "Oh yea, right, Wesley this is my mom" I said gesturing to my mom as they shook hands, "Mom, this is Wesley, my...friend", I said, unsure of what to call him. "Hello, Skye's friend Wesley", my mom said with a smirk, I knew she didn't believe we were just friends for a second. "So you two are just friends hey?" she questioned me, I didn't know what to say, she was putting me on the spot, "Yep" I confirmed. She looked at Wesley, "Just friends" he insisted, I was a little disappointed with his answer but I was grateful he kept up the story for my mom. "You know Skye, you seem to have an awful lot of guy friends come over these days. Is Wesley spending the night like the others?" my mom said casually as anything, even though she was just plain making stuff up. Wesley's head snapped to look at me, his mouth wide open in disbelief, "She's lying, she's lying" I tried to assure him. My mom laughed, "Yea just friends hey" and with that she disappeared into her room.

"I am so sorry about my mom. You know she was just saying that to get a reaction out of us right?" I loved my mom but she was too cheeky for her own good, I'd remember this little incident next time Paul was over. "Are we just friends?" he asked looking down at me, I wasn't sure of the right answer. I didn't want a boyfriend, and I really didn't want my first boyfriend to be Wesley Stromberg, it felt like I was setting myself up for heart break. And I had school and college to focus on, plus I didn't think I was ready for everything a relationship would bring. Despite all of my logic and reasoning, every part of me wanted him to be all mine, but I didn't want to just come out and say it, everyone at school knows Wesley Stromberg doesn't have girlfriends. I decided a joke was the best approach, "Well I don't usually make out with my friends, though to be fair I don't usually make out with anyone", I don't know why I didn't just stop speaking right here but I carried on, "Unless you count Lucy's older brother", I stopped as I heard him suck back a breath. "You made out with Lucy's older brother?" he said clearly annoyed, I sensed some jealousy creeping back in. "Really?" I asked, "You want to start talking about the people we've made out with because you now know all of mine, your turn" I smirked at him. He rolled his eyes, "Fine, I get it" he said in defeat, "I better get going anyway, it's getting late" he started walking towards the door holding my hand as I followed him. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before opening the door and heading out into the night. "See you at school tomorrow" he yelled over his shoulder when he was half way down the drive way.

As I climbed into bed I realised we never had sorted out if we were just friends, I wondered what Wesley would say if I wanted him to be my boyfriend. I mean, I knew I wanted him to be my boyfriend but part of me still didn't think it was the smartest idea, I was in my last year of high school, now was not the time for this. I thought of Lucy and Taylor, they were right when they said teenage hormones would get a hold of me eventually. I pictured Wesley in my mind, brown hair, brown eyes, adorable smile and by the feel of things earlier he had killer abs too, it turns out I did have a type and I was right when I said he would be my type if I had one. I grabbed my phone off my night stand and text Taylor, hoping she'd still be up. I told her everything that had happened tonight, my dilemma about wanting him as my boyfriend and anxiously waited for her reply, which turned out to be less helpful than I had hoped, 'Stop complaining woman, you snagged Wesley Stromberg'. Maybe I had him, maybe and even if I did have him, now what? It took hours for me to drift off to sleep, what between the constant wondering about our relationship status and the replaying of our kissing earlier.