Twenty Nine

Skye's POV

I looked over at Wesley laying on my bed, he was reading a skateboarding magazine and listening to his iPod. I smiled thinking of the last three weeks, from our first date through our first drama filled week, but the last two weeks had been pretty great. The rumor at school had been replaced by another sordid sex story, I hadn't had any run ins with Cory since she lied about sleeping with Wes and I had managed to get my English grade back up to a 96. I watched as Wesley flicked through the pages of the magazine, I knew he was the reason my grade had gone up. If it were up to me we would spend all afternoon kissing but he always insisted on me finishing my homework above anything else. This scenario of him laying on my bed patiently waiting for me to do my homework had become a regular thing, in fact any day I didn't have work he was here. I had tried a few times to convince him to do his homework during this time but he would just roll his eyes and put his headphones in, ignoring me. I looked at the growing stack of his magazines on my night stand, I felt guilty that he spent so much time reading about skating and surfing and not as much time doing it. I also felt guilty that he was always waiting for me, and I don't just mean for me to finish my homework. The sex thing hadn't come up in the last 2 weeks but that didn't mean I didn't think about it and I was sure he was thinking about it. It made me anxious, I shook my head trying to clear it of those sorts of thoughts, and focus back on my homework. A short while later I was done, I pushed my books to the side and jumped up from my desk.

"I'm done" I squealed as I flopped on the bed next to Wesley, as he removed his headphones and closed his magazine. He reached over, adding it to the stack of almost a dozen others, then laid on his back next to me so we were side by side looking up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes, thinking about how he never once complained about being stuck inside on a warm sunny afternoon while his girlfriend did homework, I guess he actually chose to do it because he wanted to. He never once did anything to make me feel like he wasn't ok with waiting for me to be ready to have sex, although I still felt bad. I thought about all the times he walked me home from work and all the cute texts he sent me and I was overcome with guilt. I still hadn't told him about Ben asking me to the Ducks game, and even worse I hadn't told him I had accepted the invite. Initially Ben had made the offer sound like a platonic, group activity so I had gladly agreed to go, but over the past 2 weeks I had come to realise Ben was asking me on a date. I knew I should have put a stop to it but I had no idea how to handle these situations and I really, really couldn't have Ben mad at me. What if he bad mouthed me to his dad, my employer, and I got fired or something. I knew it sounded crazy but that's what I had thought so I had gone along with it and neglected to tell Wesley and now it felt like the whole thing had gone too far for me to fix it. "What you thinking about?", Wesley's voice interrupted my inner guilt trip, maybe I should just tell him now. I panicked, "Kissing you" I lied, inwardly scolding myself for being such a chicken. He propped himself up on his elbow, "I can help with that" he said with a grin, as he leaned down to kiss me lightly on my lips.

I reached my arms up around his neck, pulling him down on me to deepen the kiss hoping this would take my mind off my guilt. My desperation to forget my omission meant the kiss got pretty heated very quickly, before I knew it I was pushed Wesley back down onto the bed and was straddling him. I looked down at him, I could always tell that there was a hint of caution in his eyes, like he was trying not to completely give in to the moment. I placed my hands on the bed on either side of his head and brought my lips down to meet his, feeling his hands grip my hips. I let the weight of my body come down on his so I was laying pressed against him, deepening the kiss. His tongue was exploring my mouth, his hands were pulling my hips into him, this was helping me forget any stupid date with Ben. Wesley reached one of his hands up to my face, placing it on my cheek softly and slowed the kiss down. I knew he was trying to control the situation but I didn't want him to, I pressed my hands against his chest and pushed myself up. I grabbed the hem of my singlet and ripped it off over my head, leaving me in my bra, Wesley watching in shock as I tossed it to the end of the bed. I put my hands under the hem of his shirt and as I slid back on top of him they made their way up his abs to his chest. I felt Wesley's hands on my bare shoulders, his hands on my skin sent a tingle down my spine but before I could enjoy it properly he pushed against my shoulders so I was hovering above him.