Chapter 2

It was evening and everyone gather in the dinning room eating dinner. Everyone was happy but Shiro was a little off. He still was thinking about the girl he saved this morning. But again he didn't know the reason why. Why he was so worried for her?

He felt a light touch on his shoulder. He turned around and saw his husband smiling at him but he looked a little worry. "Babe are you okay? You look a little off".
"yes I'm fine. I just thinking about the girl we found today in the pod".
"Oh. Do you know her?".
"No I don't but I don't know why. I have a feeling like I know her. It's just weird".
Then Pidge turn toward to the two. Most likely because she heard what they talked about. "Wait. What girl? And What pod? It is the source of the huge crash we heard in the morning?"

Shiro looked at her and said "Yes. This was the source. When Iverson and I went to investigate it I spotted a little girl inside the pod". When he said the word pod he looked down. He remembered what the pod looked like. Who made the pod. What pod it was. "Hey Shiro are you okay?", Pidge question snap Shiro out of his zone. "What? ... Yeah I'm fine. I'm fine".
"Are you sure? You seemed a little bit off again".
"Yeah I'm sure. I just wondered about something".
"About what?", Pidge asked confused.
"It just...", Shiro let a big sigh. "It just that the pod she was in...she was in an escape pod...".
"An escape pod? Like a Galra escape pod?". Shiro just looked and nodded slightly to Pidge's question. Pidge looked at the floor she looked like she didn't know what to say.

After couple of minutes of being in her trans she asked Shiro in confused "How can it be possible?" He looked at her, "I don't know Pidge. But it scares me. We defeated the Galra ten years ago. I can not think what happen to her if she was with the Galra for so long". Pidge let a sigh and walked toward him and put her hand on his shoulder. "I hope that this is not what we think. But I somehow have a feeling that she is a strong girl."
Shiro stood up and hugged her and she hugged back. "Thanks Pidge".
"You welcome Shiro".

Then the door opened and some officer came looking at Shiro "Commander Shirogane you are needed in the infirmary". Everyone started to look at each other and then all of them ran into the infirmary.

"What is it?" Shiro asked all worried. The doctor came closer to Shiro and released a big sigh. "We have a lead of identify the girl".
"Who is she?", Shiro asked worried.
"I think all of you should sit down before I'll tell you", the doctor said looking at all of them. All of them sat and wore worried faces. The doctor then sat as well in front of them all and sighed.

"We took a DNA test for the girl after she was stable and... And we are sure in 99% that this girl is Kane Kogane".
"Wait. WHAT!? What do you mean she is Kane Kogane? It can't be possible. She died sixteen years ago.", Pidge said in shock.
"Well I can assure you that she is not dead. She is very much alive", the doctor said.

Pidge looked at Shiro who looked like he was in trans. "Shiro? Are you alright", she asked while patting his shoulder. After couple of second he got back from his trans and looked at the floor. He matured to himself "because of that I felt like I knew her? But how can it be? She died".
"SHIRO!", Pidge screamed to him. He came back from his trans to realty. He looked at the doctor in shock, "What do you mean is Kane Kogane? I would have recognized her if it had been her. Are you sure?".
"Yes I'm sure commander. We did the DNA test twice and the results were the same".

Then Shiro stood up and snapped at the doctor "IT CAN'T BE HER! I WOULD HAVE RECOGNIZED HER! IT CAN'T BE KANE KOGANE! IT JUST CAN'T!". The doctor looked a little bit terrifying from Shiro. Pidge spotted it and told the doctor to leave them alone. After she made sure he was far away from them she turned to Shiro and sat him down with her.

She let a big sigh and then spoke to him. "Look! I know it weird to find out that she is here and alive, but it's not the doctor's fault".
"I know is not his fault but, I just can't believe that I didn't recognize her".
"Look... it's been sixteen years since we last saw her... so it made sense you hadn't been able to recognize her after all those years".
"It make sense but...". Shiro let a huge sigh which were full of sadness and said while looking on the floor. "I just can't imagine what happened to her all those years with them".