Chapter 4

The morning of the next day passed. Shiro ate breakfast with his husband and then he heard a knock on the door. "Come in", he said and stopped eating.
The door opened and a doctor was at it's frame. Shiro immediately stood up. Knowing that something happened with Kane. "Sir. She's awake", the doctor said in rash. Without thinking Shiro followed the doctor.

Wants to see her again awake after all those years. Shiro went to open the door of the room but he felt a touch on his shoulder making him to stop.
"Shiro just remember. She may has changed since the last time you saw her", the doctor said. Shiro nod and open the door to the room.

When he entered he heard the door beyond him slide shut. He looked at the bed but for his surprise no one was on it. He got closer to the bed and then he saw her. Kane. She was on the floor gripping her knees to her chest. She looked at him with a 'what do you want from me' look.

Shiro knelt down in front of her and looked at her. He felt tears forming in his eyes. "Kane. It's me Shiro".
The girl looked surprise to hear her name. Like she hadn't heard it for many years. Shiro then tried to get a little closer to the her and said with soft voice, "Kane. You remember me?".
Kane took a back as he said that. 'She doesn't recognize me' Shiro thought. He was hurt. He didn't want to cry. So he stood and went outside the room.

When he was outside the room he saw Pidge, Matt, Sam, Coleen and his husband. His husband looked at him and thought 'I never saw his so sad in my life'. "Babe. Are you okay?" he just looked at him and then go away from the area.
"I've never seen him like it. Now I worried. I'm sorry but I should go now". Sam put a hand on his shoulder and said "go to him. We understand".

When he left the area Sam started to talk. "I worry when Keith see her again. She his sister. The only family he had before he met his mom. I don't know what he would do" he sighed sadly.
"Maybe I can try to talk to her. After all, she met me when I was with the Rebels".
Coleen looked at her son with a little bit of worried but she knew he may be succeeded. "Ok. But don't get upset if it won't work".
"Don't worry mom. I won't".

Matt opened the door and heard the door closed beyond him. "Hey. Nightmare are you in here?" He asked with soft voice. No one answered. Then he walked toward the bed. He knelt near it and saw her. Hugging her knees. He knelt down slowly and said "Hi Nightmare. Nice to see you again. Do you remember me?".
She looked at him in confusion and after couple of seconds she spoked "Of course I remember you Rebel", she said coldly .
"It's nice to see you too. So you want to talk?". She looked at him but said nothing. But her glare. He knew that glare. She did this glare one time to him and he understood the hint.
He stood up and turn to the door but before he opened the door to go out of the room he said "if you want to talk just tell them my name. They won't understand but I will". He smiled to himself and went out.

"Well? Did she speak?", Pidge asked curious. "She did... Well not so much but she still spoke.".
"what did she say?", Pidge asked.
"Well she said what she used to call me when I first saw her".
"And what it is exactly?", Coleen asked.
"Rebel. I know it's not a lot but it still a progress".
"Yes you right", Sam said. Sam looked at the door of the girl and said sadly, "I just hope she talk to Keith as well, because if not he will break him". "Yes I Hope too", Matt said sadly.