CHAPTER 9

"Baby, I thought you promised to spend the night here", Sarah was sulking as Jamal wore his shoes. He was in a haste.

"I'm sorry. I just got a call from mom and she insist I come home immediately", Jamal responded and wore his belt.

He had just finished having sex with Sarah. When Sarah went into the bathroom to freshen up, his mom's call came in.

He was in Sarah's bungalow and he had plans of spending the weekend with her. But it looked like his plans were ruined already.

He knew the reasons for his mother's call and it was annoying him, even though he was trying hard not to show it to Sarah.

He loved her.

She was crazy. She was sexy. Beautiful and intelligent.

Sarah had never refused him sex and that was what made him love her more. She was always ready. She was never tired. And she puts him in the mood whenever he was too occupied to think of sex.

They had met in London five years back and when Jamal was preparing to go back home, Sarah had followed him.

He loved her for that. She gave up her job for him and he tried as much as possible to get her a job when they settled in Nigeria.

His parents knew about Sarah but they refused to accept her, no matter how much Jamal tried to convince his parent that Sarah was well mannered and responsible. But most times, he asked himself if he truly know Sarah, if he was sure of how responsible she was.

She was a stripper back in London and he fell for her without thinking about the nature of her job. He hadn't caught her cheating on him before but sometimes he felt insecure.

Sarah was beautiful and sexy and any man would love to have her. How sure was he that Sarah had never cheated on him with one of her so-called clients? How sure was he that she would remain faithful and loyal to him even after marriage?

That is the problem.

He was the jealous type. He doesn't like to share... And of all things a woman. He liked his woman pure, even though she was not a virgin the first time they had sex.

He loved being in control of his woman. He loved food and sex. Sarah was good in the bedroom but awful in the kitchen. She was not a wife material.

He was confused about what to do. Getting rid of Sarah would be so difficult. She was like a thorn in the flesh and he was already addicted to her.

He was getting older by the day and his parents were pressurizing him to bring home a lady of good conduct and a Nigerian. He couldn't give them any lady aside from Sarah and they went ahead to matchmake him with his sister's friend.

He was mad at them for doing that. He was a man and he wanted to do things his way. He was handsome enough to pick a lady of his choice. This was why he barely goes to his family's house because they keep reminding him of the girl.

He doesn't even know her.

He liked his girls classy and sophisticated just like Sarah, not a provincial dirty girl that would make him feel like puking all the time because of her untidiness.

He didn't bother to ask his sister about the girl.

He wasn't interested. And he planned on sticking to that. He would never be interested.

Even if he doesn't end up with Sarah, he was going to pick a lady that will be his wife by himself, not allowing his parents to do that.

They don't know what he liked in a woman. They don't know his specs. He was old enough to make decisions on his own. More reason why he was angry. More reason why he needed to be home that day, to tell them his decision.