CHAPTER 29

"Where the hell are you girls?" Akeela was shouting in frustration.

It was Tuesday already and Fiona and Isabella were yet to arrive in Nigeria. Akeela had been calling the girls since the previous day but they weren't picking and she kept wondering what could have gone wrong.

She wanted them to be around for the bridal shower and other events that will come up before the wedding.

"Our flight got delayed", Fiona explained, after muttering a sorry.

"What? Again?" Akeela couldn't believe it. She wasn't really doing anything in the preparations other than watching her mother and Haneefah go here and there, trying to put everything in place.

Rahma had also moved into the house to help. Just watching alone was exhausting Akeela. She didn't want anything to go amiss, she wanted everything to go the way they had planned it.

Haneefah mentioned the idea of taking a break from work to her mother's hearing and they advised her to ask her boss for a week off.

Akeela told them it wasn't needed and after much persuasion on how stressful it would be to get ready for the Henna day, Mother's day, and Bridal shower after work each day, she decided to give in, but on the condition that she was going to resume work first thing on Monday morning. She was already used to going to work and staying at home all day would feel strange to her.

"We are coming tomorrow", Fiona said, jerking her out of her thoughts.

"Tomorrow is the henna day, I need you, girls, to be here before then."

"We know. Don't worry, it won't fail this time", her friend assured her.

"I hope so", Akeeka rested her arms on her jaw, thinking of what other thing she needed to remind her mother of.

"Have you gotten my stuff?" She asked her friend when she remembered the shopping she asked them to do for her.

"Yes, we have but guess what?"

"What?" She asked indifferently. She was happy they have gotten her things. She requested them to help her shop from England and she felt getting those things was the most important thing to her at that moment. She wasn't interested in the guesswork Fiona was trying to make her do.

"We got you two air fryers", Fiona announced.

"What? Oh My God! Thank you", she appreciated. There was a big smile on her face. She loved air fryers because of how healthy cooking is with them.

Her boss, the chef also advised her to get it and she asked for it in the mall the previous week when she went shopping but she couldn't get it. She asked Fiona to get it for her.

"It's quite expensive though," Fiona complained.

"Things are becoming expensive over here too, maybe that's why I didn't get it. I was hoping to order it from Amazon if you girls don't get it for me", Akeela uttered.

"It's fine, there is one more guess to make", Fiona declared.

"What?" Akeela asked.

"We saw Fred, he seems to be traveling", Fiona mumbled to her hearing.

"Fred?" Akeela furrowed her brows. "Travelling to where?"

"I don't know but I have a feeling he is coming to Nigeria. We saw him at the airport", she explained further.

Akeela thought of what she said and after a while, she shook her head. Fred hadn't called her ever since the last time he called to inform her that he was coming to Nigeria and she had informed him of her marriage.