CHAPTER 32

Jamal's friends were insisting on a bachelor's night and Jamal had no choice but to agree. He didn't want to use his new apartment, because of Akeela's request. He knew the guys were going to invite some girls so he told Oye to let them make use of his apartment instead.

Oye's large living room was filled with ladies in sexy dresses. The DJ was playing soft music and they were dancing. There were wines everywhere, both alcoholic and non-alcohol.

Jamal was sitting on the three-seater, watching those dancing. He was taking the non-alcoholic wine, smiling sheepishly to himself, thinking about his bride.

He never thought he was going to fall in love with her that soon. She had told him she didn't want to make his former apartment her marital home and he had agreed easily. It astonished him. And reality dawned on him that he loved her a lot and would do anything to make her happy.

Jamal wasn't interested in the bachelor's night but had to do it on the insistence of his male friends. He suddenly became bored, looking everywhere.

Oye was dancing with one of the girls and they were laughing at something, Jamal wondered if she was his girlfriend. Oye had refused to introduce Jamal to his girlfriend and the curiosity was killing him.

He wanted to know the special person that had taken hostage of his friend's playboy heart and made him a serious man once more. Jamal concluded that the lady was his girlfriend because of the close proximity between them.

He suddenly became bored because nothing interesting was happening. He seemed to be the only one not enjoying the party, his mind was elsewhere, he wondered what Akeela would be doing by that time, probably amid her bridal shower too.

He was about to bring out his phone to call Akeela to ask how she was faring and about the preparations for the next day, when he saw a shadow hovering above him, in the dim light of the room. He hoist his head up, It was a girl. She had been staring at him for like eternity but Jamal had ignored her.

"Hi"_ she waved at him shyly.

"Hello", Jamal replied, bringing his phone out of his pocket.

"Can I sit beside you?" She requested.

"Ok"_ he nodded with reluctance.
She sat beside him and there was an awkward silence between them. All of a sudden, she tried to touch him and Jamal moved away with irritation.

"Are you aware of who the groom is?" He demanded, with a scrunched-up face.

"Yes, I do." She smiled.

"Do you know I am the groom then?" He asked again, pointing at his chest.

The girl looked away. Jamal stood up.

"If you will excuse me." He moved out.

He dialed Akeela's number, feeling the sudden need to talk to her. Her phone rings continuously without picking. He knew she was busy but he wanted to at least hear her voice, to calm his nerves.

She picked at his third dial. There were laughter and voices from the background.

"Darling", Akeela said in a low tone.

Jamal smiled, hearing her voice. "My bride."

"How are you doing?" She asked him. Her voice was down.

"I am fine, baby. What are you doing?"

"The girls are here", she answered. "we are about to start."

"Why is your voice down? Are you ok?" He questioned with a worry-laced tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He was not convinced.