CHAPTER 20

"Akeela", Sarah tapped her gently. When she didn't stir, she tapped her again with impatience.

Akeela opened her eyes to see a blurry figure of Sarah. She raised her head, feeling embarrassed for being caught sleeping on her first day.

It wasn't her fault, she couldn't help it.

Akeela sat upright and rubbed her hands over her eyes. She was beginning to see clearly again.

"Sarah", she called seeing how rigid the girl stood.

"What sort of a worker sleeps on duty and on her first day?" Someone snorted.

Akeela looked towards the door to see the fair man, glaring daggers at her and looking angry. Akeela wondered who he was and why he was standing by her door.

Is he one of my colleagues? She asked herself.

Obviously, she answered within her again.

"Akeela, get up...."

The man moved in, cutting Sarah short.

"You again?" He pointed at her. Then he chuckled lightly.

"Why are you sleeping on duty?" He folded his arms.

"And who the hell are you to ask me that?" Akeela retorted.

Sarah gasped.

"Really?" He laughed. "First, you bumped into me and now you are asking me who the hell I am?" Akeela didn't answer.

She felt better sleeping for just a few minutes. Her eyes were wide-eyed and she was ready for the day's task. She was sure it wasn't time for the meeting yet.

The man tapped his feet on the floor furiously, obviously waiting for a reply but none was forthcoming.

"Salespush doesn't employ incompetent and lazy people like you but I'm going to be nice to you. If I don't see you in the conference room in the next two minutes for the meeting, you will be fired", he shouted and strolled out.

Reality dawned on Akeela and her mouth hung open. She turned to Sarah and Sarah nodded.

"Oh, Goodness! He is the CEO?"

"Yes. The new boss. Get up, let's go", Sarah responded and walked out of her office, leaving her alone to get over the shock of insulting her boss and sleeping on duty.

****
"His name is Abduljalal Mustapha. His father is Muhammad Mustapha and he retired last week, making Abduljalal the new CEO. For the past one week since Abduljalal's arrival, 5 staff have been fired. But I think he likes you so he won't fire you anytime soon", Sarah explained with a smile.

They were done with the meeting that took only 30 minutes and Akeela was on her way back to the office with Sarah beside her. Akeela was glad he didn't mention her bad attitude during the meeting.

Sarah introduced her to a few people after the boss has informed them of her presence as the new administrator.

"New CEO and 5 people have lost their job? Asshole."

"What?" Sarah chuckled. "Did you just call the CEO an asshole?" She whispers.

"I don't like him at all."

"Well....." Sarah shrugged.

She looked at Akeela for a while and said. "You didn't sleep last night? The bags below your eyes is too obvious not to have been noticed by anyone."

Akeela sighed. "Yep. I was having trouble sleeping last night", they got to the door and Sarah followed her in. She was with two files and she dropped them on Akeela's desk as Akeela sat down in the seat.