CHAPTER 12

After Jamal broke the news to Sarah, she rushed out with Jamal trailing behind her. She didn't want him to see how hurt she was or the streams of tears on her face, flowing like a river.

She ran to her car and drove away at a high speed. She wondered what would have happened to her if her apartment was far away from Jamal.

She would have had an accident with the way she was speeding. She was glad the estate was free of cars except for a few.

When she got to the parking lot, she parked roughly and ran into her apartment, allowing her tears to flow freely as she slumped to the floor, whimpering and hitting the marble floor angrily.

Her heart was aching and she slapped her hand over her chest. For being stupid. For loving the wrong person.

She never thought Jamal would ever do that to me. He told her he was getting married to another lady.

Even though she wasn't ready to be married yet, she was ready to compromise if he had insisted they took their relationship to the next level.

But he didn't.

To hell with him and his stupid wife. To hell with them, she cried.

Just then the door opened. A breathless Jamal rushed in and hurried to her side. He never thought she would take the news badly. It was obvious she truly loved him and it hurt seeing her that way.

"Sarah, please hear me out", he cried, as he squatted next to her on the floor.

"Fuck you", she spat. "Do I look like a fool to you? You want to dump me for....."

"No, babe. You know how much I love you", he interrupted her.

"Oh! Really?" Sarah snarled.

Her tears wouldn't stop flowing. She was a carefree lady and couldn't remember the last time she cried that hard. That was long ago. When she lost her mother.

She longer cared about Jamal seeing her tears. She couldn't help it. It hurt.

"It's not me. Believe me, babe, I love you. But my parents are insisting....."

"What then is the essence of the love you have for me then? Tell me", she yelled and stood up from the ground.

"Why do you claim to love me when you can't fight to be with me? Tell me, you idiot", she punched him on the chest with all her might.

He stood up to her height and hugged her as she continued hitting him.

He knew she was hurt. He was also hurt but the exchange of words wouldn't help.

"I can't believe they still don't like me after all these years." She sobbed in his arms.

That statement snapped him back to life and he lifted her chin, looking at her pretty tear-stricken face and he took her lips.

She kissed him back with urgency. He knew he wasn't supposed to complicate things but he couldn't help it.

Even if it was just this once. Maybe...just maybe that will be a memory... A lasting memory to gift her before dumping her.

His heart irked at the thought.

While kissing and fondling with each other, they found their way to her bedroom, tossing their clothes on the way.

They fell on the bed and made love.

****

Jamal was exhausted but Sarah was insatiable. When the clock ticked midnight, Jamal stood up to go. He knew his parent would go to his apartment before going over to his so-called wife-to-be father's home.