CHAPTER 31

Sarah and Fred hugged each other passionately at the terminal of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

They began to chat and ask about each other's welfare as they both walked to Sarah's car. She opened the boot and he dropped his luggage inside before going over to the car door.

When they were seated, Sarah hit Fred's head playfully with her hand, when he teased her about her stripping job in England. The car purred to life and she drove off.

The huge traffic in Lagos was a usual thing in Lagos and it took almost an hour before getting home.

Fred had never been to Nigeria and he was looking around, wondering why the traffic was that much.

Sarah explained to him that Lagos is the second most populated state in Nigeria. Fred didn't see a reason why there should be traffic like that because of the population.

Apart from that, he was mesmerized by the landscape, the beautiful buildings, and art as Sarah drove into the estate. She passed by Jamal's apartment and saw the agency post outside indicating that the apartment was empty.

She didn't expect Jamal would move out of the apartment before the wedding. The thought of it all saddened her and she wondered where she can see him, so they could talk one more time before he tie the knot with his stupid wife.

She suddenly became silent till she pulled over in her driveway. Fred got down and she did too. She walked to the front door and opened it. Fred had brought out his luggage already and followed her in.

"Waw, what a beautiful apartment!", he complimented.

Sarah smiled. "Thank you."

The house was furnished by Jamal when she first got to Nigeria. Sarah suggest she move in with him instead but Jamal didn't want that.

He claimed they weren't married yet and his parents would be against it. Sarah didn't like him for that.  For being scared of his parents and always listening to them like a little boy who can not make decisions on his own.

Sarah stopped living with her parents when she was just 16, the same thing with Fred who was 2 years older than her.

"Is there any motel close by?" Fred questioned and sat down.

"You don't want to stay here?" Sarah ignored the question and asked him instead as she slouched to the nearest armchair. She was exhausted.

"I don't want to inconvenient you, I'm sure your boyfriend will be here soon", he winked at her with a smile.

She smiled sadly and kept quiet. She was hoping to get over Jamal easily.

The previous week when she tried to hook up with someone else, it failed. She couldn't get the thought of Jamal out of her head. He had taken over her body, mind, and soul and now he was nowhere to be found.

That same week, she felt like having sex two days in a row, hoping he would call her or they would meet but he didn't. She didn't want to go to his apartment so he won't humiliate her as he did before.

When she got to work the next day, she didn't know what and how it happened but she found herself kissing her boss.

"Sarah?" Fred jerked her out of her thoughts.

"Yes", she answered, staring at him.

"Why are you lost in thought?" Fred asked.

"Nothing", Sarah replied.

Fred didn't look convinced. He knew something was up with her. He relaxed his back and watched her. He had his problems but he hated seeing Sarah sad. She was his best friend when she was still in England.