CHAPTER 42

Akeela decided to visit Rahma instead of going back to the lonely house. She was sure Jamal was still out and she needed to tell Rahma to help her get the aphrodisiac, she felt sex was the major problem and if a solution is proferred to it, things would become better between her and Jamal. She was sure of that and she was willing to do all it takes to make the marriage work, she was in it already.

Rahma was surprised to see her but when Akeela told her the reason for the visit, she told her they can pay Simply Precious a visit since her Enterprise wasn't too far from Rahma's home.

When they got there, Akeela was welcomed with a hug and after Rahma told her who Akeela was to her, Precious hugged her again.

They told her about the reason for their visit and she gave them the needed products, telling Akeela the instructions and giving her marital advice that has to do with the other room. She made it known to Akeela that sex was essential in a marriage and that buttressed Akeela's point that Jamal was behaving that way because of the sex.

By the time Akeela got home, it was already late. Guilt washed through her when she saw Jamal's car in the driveway. He was back already and she felt bad for not informing him over the phone about where she was headed to.

She scolded herself mentally for acting stupidly and overlooking the little things expected of her as a married woman. She knew she did wrong by not asking for permission from her husband before going out and she blamed herself for going out with the excuse of not wanting to stay at home alone.

She sauntered to the door and got in. The whole place was in pitch darkness and she wondered where Jamal was. She touched the light button and flickered the light on.

Jamal was laying on the sofa with his eyes closed. When the light came on, his eyes opened and Akeela gasped in fright.

"Jamal, what are you doing sitting in the dark?" She questioned him, placing her hand on her chest to calm her racing heart.

He sat upright without answering her. She exhaled deeply and walked to the sofa opposite him.

"Where are you coming from?" He asked her softly.

"I went to pay Rahma a visit", she flashed him a smile. He watched her intensely.

"You went to pay Rahma a visit?" He asked her again, to be sure.

"Yes", she replied.

She stood up abruptly and said. "I'm sorry I didn't call to inform you before leaving. Let me go prepare dinner." She took the shopping bag and went to dropped it in the room with her heart still beating fast. Jamal was still acting strange and he looked angry.

She rushed to the kitchen to cook but she realized she had no idea what was her husband's favorite food. She cursed beneath her breath and ran back to get her phone in the room.

She dialed Haneefah's number so she could ask her what her brother's favorite meal was. The kitchen had been stocked with varieties of foodstuff and provisions, including the one Akeela brought from home.

Haneefah's number wasn't going through after the third attempt and Akeela cursed again in frustration. She decided to send her a message hoping she would see it and reply immediately but after several minutes of waiting without a reply to the message, she gave up and walked back to the living room where Jamal was still sitting, looking into space.

"Erhhmmn, babe...what would you like to eat? I don't know what to cook and what you would love to have as dinner." She clasped her hand in front of her and smiled lightly.

He was silent for a while before responding. "I am not hungry."

Akeela furrowed her brows. "You are not hungry?"