CHAPTER 41

Jamal left home to satisfy his curiosity. He was disappointed, sad, and confused, he didn't know what to think of the whole issue and what to think of the woman he had been anticipating her arrival into his home as his bride.

He knew he would spill the beans o Akeela and show her how displeased he was if he didn't go out that day, he was trying so hard to control his anger.

He drove around the vicinity of his home, pondering over the video he saw the night before and about their consummation. He didn't know where to go to. His friends wouldn't understand, he knew they were going to either tease him about his wedding night or bombard him with questions on why he was out, instead of being on a honeymoon with his bride.

He felt like talking to someone who will understand and he knew Oye was that person but they were still not on good terms with each other. He sighed deeply with regrets when he remembered how he beat him to a pulp on the Bachelor's Eve. He didn't mean to but his anger took control, taking over his sense of reasoning. He was disappointed because his fears had manifested and he felt betrayed.

Jamal was going crazy with the thoughts running through his mind. He knew he was going to do something rash if he didn't find someone to confide in, to ease the burden on his shoulder. Without thinking any further, he reversed the car back and took a turn towards Oye's house.

A few minutes later, he got to the house and hopped down from the car with a racing heart. He was remorseful and he hoped Oye would give him an audience. I was still his best friend, he was the most understanding and supportive among his friends.

Jamal strolled to the front door and knocked gently but there was no reply. He knocked again and again but there was still no reply.

He was about to knock once more when the sudden thought of Oye's absence jumped into his head and he dropped his hand. His hand rested unconsciously on the doorknob and the doorknob twisted, signifying that the door wasn't locked.

Jamal furrowed his brows in confusion. It was unlike Oye to leave the door open. His curiosity got the better of him and he entered. He ventured into the bedroom after leaving the empty living room.

Jamal suddenly thought Oye was inside with a girl, so he decided to keep quiet and not make a noise in other to catch him red-handed. He began to feel his anger stirring up again.

He got to the bedroom and opened the door to see Oye on the bed, shivering.

"Oye", he rushed to him. Oye was surprised at his appearance and he raised his red swollen eyes to glance at Jamal. Guilt washed through both of them.

"You are burning....", Jamal touched him and he flinched.

"Let go of me", he muttered weakly.

"I can't watch you die, I need to take you to the hospital", Jamal asserted.

"No, go away", Oye was still on the bed, with his blanket covering him up to his chin as he pushed Jamal who was bent beside him away.

Jamal got mad at his refusal and stood up. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Why are you here?" Oye demanded instead.

Jamal looked away. He didn't know why he came and he didn't know how to answer.

"Just go away, please."

"I'm sorry", Jamal apologized and Oye laughed sickly.

"You asked me to leave your sister and I have done that, let's see if you can father her child", he uttered with annoyance.

"Father her child?" Jamal demanded, watching his red face. He didn't understand what Oye meant by what he was saying. "What child are you talking about?"