CHAPTER 26

Akeela was in a happy mood as she drove home. When the gate was opened for her, she drove in and parked beside a strange Range Rover. She wondered whose car it was as she got out with her Gucci bag.

Akeela sauntered in with a different gait that signified her good mood, unlike the others days that she was always looking sad or stressed up. The boss dismissed her earlier than usual.

She opened the door and bustled in. Her brother's wife, Rahma was seated comfortably on the sofa watching a movie. She noticed Akeela's presence and got up with a big smile on her face.

"Rahma", Akeela called and they embraced.

"I missed you", Rahma said.

Akeela rolled her eyes. She knew something was up. "We saw each other just a week ago...."

"On your big day, right?"

"Whatever!" She laughed. Akeela wondered why she was there alone, without her brother and her niece. She observed the way Rahma was studying her from head to toe.

"You look good", Rahma complimented.

"Thank you", Akeela showed her appreciation. She was dressed in a black straight skirt with a slit behind and a white long sleeves shirt with a black blazer. They was also a black scarf tied around her head, covering her hair.

"Where is my brother? Are you home alone?"

"Yes, I'm home alone. I met dad at home but he went out a few hours ago. Mom isn't back from work too."

Akeela's mother owned a shopping mall and she goes there once in a while to supervise the activities of her sales representatives.

"Where is my brother?" Akeela moved to sit beside her, after dropping her bag on the floor.

"Why are you asking of him?" Rahma rolled her eyes playfully. Akeela smiled. Rahma knew how much Akeela loved her brother.

"I'm just wondering why you are here without him. You two are always seen together."

"I left home. I came here for a vacation", Rahma moved her attention back to the TV with a serious look.

"Vacation?" Akeela burst into laughter. "Vacation here? What sort of vacation is this?"

"Can't I come and rest in my mother's house? I am tired of that bighead you call brother, I need a break from him and his naughty daughter."

"Where are they by the way?" Akeela chuckled.

"I left them at home."

"Why would you do that?" Akeela questioned.

"I said I need a break", she relaxed more on the sofa. "They are too troublesome."

"How will he cope with the baby?"

"Akeem?" She demanded in disbelief. "Akeem can take care of his child more than me. He knows how to feed, bathe and clothe her. I have absolutely nothing to worry about."

Akeela watched her and asked inwardly if they were on good terms or not. The look on Rahma's face wasn't that of sadness which signified that they were on good terms. Akeela knew something was going on.

Rahma shifted her gaze back to Akeela. "Do you dress this way in England?"

"No!" Akeela replied. "Dad would kill me if I dress the way I used to in England."

"I thought as much. Thank God you know right from wrong. I have always wanted to talk to you about the way you dress..."

"My dress isn't decent?" Akeela requested, interrupting her.