CHAPTER 34

Tears streamed down Sarah's eyes as she drove away from the hotel where the bridal shower had taken place.

She didn't intend to cause any trouble and she didn't intend to let Akeela know that she was aware. She just wanted to be present so Akeela won't suspect anything.

She wanted to deal with her silently, without raising any suspicion. But she couldn't hold it anymore when she got to know that Haneefah, Akeela's childhood bestfriend was Jamal's sister.

It got her mad and she decided to spill. She was hoping Haneefah would be fine.

When she was far from the hotel where Akeela and the girls were, she stopped the car and place her head on the steering. She cried more, wishing she could just let go of everything.

After she had cried to her satisfaction, she blew her nose and picked up her phone to call her boss.

"Hi", she greeted softly, trying to hide her shaky voice.

"How are you doing?" He asked her.

"Can we see? I need to ask you some questions", she told him, without mincing words.

He was quiet for a while, thinking if it was a good idea to meet after what happened between them a week back.

"I'm not home now."

Sarah could no longer hide her tears. She felt alone. No one was there to console her and tell her everything would be fine. No one was there to hold her and fight for her. No one was there to show her the love she had been deprived of ever since her parent's death.

She was alone in the world and she felt like giving up, but not without taking her revenge on the one person she thought she could trust and confide in, Akeela.

"What's the matter?" Abduljalal asked. He was beginning to think that Sarah was crying because the truth has been revealed to her but he didn't want to say anything.

"Where are you, please?", she questioned, in between tears.

"I'm in my parent's home. I came to visit. Where are you right now?"

"I don't even know where I am", she sobbed, looking around. She didn't know the area, she had just followed the description given to her on the bridal shower IV.

"Find the closest popular area and wait for me there, I will join you shortly." He said getting up. He was deeply troubled that Sarah would hurt herself.

"Just tell me where you are so I can come over", she suggested.

"You can't drive in this state", he argued with her.

"I can", she cleaned her tears, as if to prove to him that she was strong.

"Come to Odofin estate"_ he muttered, after a short silence.

"Ok"_ she responded softly. She cleaned her tears once more and breathed out. After dropping the phone, she ignited the car into action and drove off.

****
Akeela and Jamal were pacing round the reception of the hospital. She had dismissed the girls and they had all gone home, except Fiona and Isabella who were seated in the reception too, praying silently that all will be well with Haneefah.

Akeela had called Jamal immediately to inform him of what had happened while they rushed Haneefah out to the car, before driving to the nearest hospital.

Jamal got there immediately and was briefed on what and how it happened. He couldn't believe it.

Half an hour later, the doctor came out, they rushed to him.