CHAPTER 25

The room fell silent the moment Akeela finished her presentation, she stood awkwardly in between the room with 10 pairs of eyes ogling her.

She bite her lips and tapped her leg nervously on the marble floor. The suspense was killing her.

The CEO's eyes were fixed upon hers and she looked away constantly, hoping he will at least talk.

Is my presentation not good enough? Are my ideas not tangible? She asked herself.

The CEO's eyes twinkled and Akeela didn't know what to assume it meant. The others seated were also waiting patiently for him to comment.

He placed his hand on the vast table where the head of each department of the company was seated and eventually said while placing the hand below his chin.

"How confident are you that this idea will work?"

"Very confident, sir. Social media has become a world of its own. The young, old, sick, and even children use social media in today's world. During my research in England, out of an average family of 4, three of them make use of a phone which will expose them or make it easier for them to use social media. Last week, I saw a 10 years old Nigerian boy, upload his music video on Facebook. The phone might belong to his parents but the concern here is that he is using social media to make his talents known."

He seems pleased but he wasn't saying whether he was or not.

"I have a feeling this 10-year-old boy gave you this idea." He peered at Akeela.

She knew it was a trap. He was trying to find out where she got the idea from. Her confidence was making her win the games he was trying to play with her.

"No, sir", Akeela chuckled nervously. A few of the members seated also chuckled but Sarah grinned widely after giving her a thumbs up.

"He only made me more confident of my idea." She finished.

"What if the idea doesn't work? What if we lose?" The CEO asked again.

"It will work, sir."

"Why do you think it will work?"

"Because everybody likes free things, including you and I", they laughed briefly except the CEO whose expression was unreadable. His eyes were fixed on Akeela's every move and action. He was peering at her intensely as if he was trying to get his answers by looking at her.

"Apart from promoting our company and products on social media, if we make it known to our consumers and even those that are yet to patronize, especially those who want to but can not afford it, that if they can convince at least two of their friends to buy and use any of our products, they will get a free product of their choice that won't exceed $10. If I as a person come across such opportunity, I have more than 2 people to convince, I will make sure my mother gets a product from Salespush and my father, my brother, my friend and even Sarah", they laughed again. "If I am friends with you, boss, I will find a way to convince you. That way, I have 6 people that I have referred to your company."

The moment she stopped, his face broke into a grin. He raised his hand and begin to clap. The rest of the members stood up to give her a standing ovation.

****
Akeela was sitting nervously in front of the CEO once again, but in his office, they were no longer in the conference room where the meeting took place a few minutes back.

She was nervously tapping her ten fingers on her laps as she sat across the silent man. He was watching her with a glint in his eyes which Akeela was able to read. He was more than impressed with her performance.