CHAPTER 30

Abduljalal had gone to his parent's home instead of his. He was planning to stay there till the next week. He had just taken a shower after a long day at work and was going downstairs.

He was sad the dinner with Akeela would no longer be possible, he had plans for that day. He was also sad about her marriage.

He met his father in the living room, reading a book. He had gone to the house because of his father too, they had some business talk to discuss.

"Dad?" He called as he moved closer to take a seat on one of the sofas beside his father.

"Abduljalal", his father smiled. He knew his father was proud of him and he felt on top of the world whenever the old man smiles at him that way. It made him feel fulfilled.

"The dinner with Akeela will no longer be possible", he decided to tell his father so he won't be expecting her by Friday night.

His father raised his head from the book once again, with his reading glasses sitting comfortably on his nose. "Why?"

Abduljalal shrugged like he wasn't bothered. "She said she is getting married."

"Oh!" awareness dawned on his father and Abduljalal could see his father wasn't surprised.

"You know?"

"Yes, I never knew it was this week though. Her father sent me the invitation a month ago. Thank God you just told me, I won't miss the wedding for anything in the world." His father grinned.

Abduljalal shook his head sadly. He never thought Akeela was in a relationship, inviting her over was his plan to get her to meet his parent before asking her out on a date.

His father noticed the sadness lurking on his face.

"You like her?" He asked, without beating around the bush. His son nodded, without looking up.

"I never knew. You should have told me. Akeela is a good girl and I know she will make a good wife." His father asserted.

"Yes, she is."

"Don't worry, son", his father moves closer and patted his shoulder. "Your woman will come your way soon. But definitely not someone like the girl I saw you having sex with within the office last week", Abduljalal shut his eyes.

He had been trying to avoid the topic. His father hadn't raised the issue since it happened and Abduljalal was hoping he had forgotten.

His father shifts back. "Don't let such happen again and not in your office. It speaks a lot of you. If I were an investor and I happen to see such, I won't invest in your company again because the first thing that comes to my mind is the lack of morals in the company and I see no reason why I should go-ahead to invest."

Abduljalal wanted to correct his father by telling him that morality has nothing to do with business.

"Dad......", he trailed off. He didn't even know what to say or how to defend himself.

"Don't dad me, I never liked her in the first place." His father lashed at him.

"There is nothing between us, she is just my secretary." He tried to explain.

He didn't want to think of what happened and how bad it was to break a brotherly code. He realized he was doing that after the deed has been done. He felt bad for betraying his friend but there was nothing he could do about it.

"She is just your secretary yet you were having sex with her?"

"Can we forget about it?" He frowned.