THE END

Jamal moved swiftly while whistling and opening the pot to check the content. The sweet aroma swift past his nose and he smiled proudly.

He was about to drop the cover when he heard a scream from the bedroom. The cover dropped from his hand and he ran out of the kitchen with a pounding heart.

He burst into the bedroom to see Akeela on the bed with mouth agape and wide eyes and her gaze on the laptop on her lap. Seeing that she was fine, he heaved a sigh of relief and stood with arms akimbo.

"What happened?" He asked nonchalantly. Since she was fine, he was no longer bothered about what it was that made her scream.

Her scream was like a warning to his ears and he was scared it was another miscarriage. Apart from the first miscarriage, Akeela had experienced another one the following month but he was there to help her out.

"Come and see this", she turned the laptop to him and he moved closer with curiosity.

He read the content and stood up, without feeling bad. "Good for her."

"What?!" She exclaimed with disbelief. "When did you become this cruel?" She hit his hand and he moved away with a grin.

Akeela rolled her eyes, glared at him, and dropped the laptop. "I feel so bad for her." She muttered and rested her head on the headboard.

"You shouldn't", he moved closer and sat on the bed, forgetting about the food he was cooking in the kitchen.

He always cooked for her whenever he was around, even though she always tried to stop him. But he was doing it willing since the doctor advised her to rest well so the miscarriage wouldn't happen for the third time.

The previous month, she thought she was experiencing another miscarriage when she saw her period but it turned out that she wasn't pregnant and it was her usual monthly flow. She heaved a sigh of relief and also felt bad that she wasn't pregnant.

Their marriage had been 8 months already and she was still not pregnant.

"I am sure she was the one who pushed Fred into this", Jamal told her and Akeela nodded in agreement. She knew Fred was not cold at heart. He had a fragile heart and could barely hurt a fly.

She couldn't believe Sarah was dead after everything, it felt like a dream and she began to remember everything that happened.

She was willing to forgive Sarah and Fred when Jamal changed but what broke the camel's back was the attempted rape on her and attempted murder on Jamal. She thanked God for saving them both.

"Suicide in Islam is prohibited so I wouldn't advise you to feel bad for her", Jamal pecked her forehead and flashed her a smile.

"I know but she's human....."

"She knew all along that what she was doing was bad but she kept on doing it. These people that do evil know what they are doing is bad but they still go-ahead to do what they want to do because of their selfish reasons. Sarah deserved going to prison but I guess she decided to poison herself because she couldn't accept the truth that I am gone forever and she is going to jail."

"Yeah." Akeela sniffed. Jamal snapped his head to stare at her.

"Don't tell me you want to cry", he frowned.

"No", she shook her head. She glance at him and he smiled. "I wonder when you became cruel."

He laughed heartily. "I am not cruel, I am just being realistic."

"Realistic my foot. She was once the woman you love", Akeela reminded him.

"It is not something I am proud of so I would rather not talk about it", his smile vanished. Akeela rolled her eyes once more and attempted to stand up. She was feeling pressed.