CHAPTER 43

Akeela wasn't thinking of what she was doing, she just wanted to be sure of what was happening. She got out of the house and drove straight to Sarah's residence, fuming in anger and gripping the wheels hard.  She had stopped crying, she knew crying wouldn't stop the problem.

She hadn't been to Sarah's place before but she had the address in her head. She decided to use the car's GPS to track the place. She saw the address from one of Sarah's files at work.

When she got there, she got down hurriedly and sauntered to the door. She knocked hard on the door with impatience before it was thrown open by Sarah who was in a robe and a glass of wine in her left hand.

Sarah's face broke into a smile. "Hey."

Akeela pushed past her and entered the house. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" She folded her arms, turning round to bore angry holes into Sarah's face.

Sarah pretended to be confused. "What am I doing?" Her brows are raised.

"You think you can ruin my marriage, right? With your stupid cousin that keeps cheating...."

"Shut the hell up!"

"Why should I? I see no reason why you should be this mad at me. I didn't snatch Jamal away from you, this is destiny", Akeela shouted.

"Destiny, you say?"

"Yes, it is. I never thought Fred and I won't be together. I didn't want Jamal too at first but I had no choice...."

"You had a choice", Sarah walked past her, making Akeela turn back. "You knew all along that he is my boyfriend yet you pretended as if you didn't."

"I didn't know at first and when I got to know, I was scared to lose you as a friend", she argued.

Sarah scoffed. "A friend?" She looked away and tapped her feet. "Why are you here?"

Akeela was about to answer when Fred came into the living room from the other room.

"Akeela?" His face broke into a smile.

"What did you do, Fred?" She broke down into tears. Fred shared a look with Sarah who shrugged nonchalantly.

"What did I do?"

Akeela looked up sharply with disbelief. "I hate you two for doing this to me!" She turned back and ran out of the room.

Fred followed.

****
Jamal was having a rethink about the whole thing. He realized he was letting his anger ruin everything, it was blinding him from seeing the beauty and goodness of his marriage, all because of what? A sex tape.

He was feeling remorseful for the way he acted cold to Akeela. It was supposed to be their honeymoon but everything seems bitter. They aren't living like couples, instead, they were living like two strangers who aren't interested in sorting out their difference and are not ready to know more about each other.

Why is all of this happening? He asked himself.

He tossed in bed, thinking of everything and how to make amends. He remembered all the sermons the Imam gave during the ceremony. He remembered all his parents told him about marriage life.

Has our marriage trials started already? I thought the beginning is supposed to be rosy and full of happiness? Why is ours different? He asked himself.

He remembered the disbelief on Akeela's face and how she burst into tears. That tears tore his heart apart but his ego was in the way of going back to console her. He was still mad at her for lying to him. He knew he wasn't a saint but he valued decent and honest women. He had always prayed to God for a partner like that.

While thinking, he heard the horn of the car outside and he got up. He ran out of the bedroom to the living room but Akeela wasn't there. He knew instantly that she was the one heading out.

He picked up his car keys too and raced out. He was scared she was going to do something rash. He was scared she was going back to her parent's home to tell them what was happening. He was terrified she might have an accident or go commit suicide. He regretted his actions.

He tried to meet up with her but she was speeding. When she turned the car to the other end of the road, he furrowed his brows in confusion. He wondered where she was going.

A few minutes later, she stopped the car in front of Sarah's apartment and got down. She rushed inside while Jamal was seated in his car, with a dazed expression on his face.

Why is she here? Is she here to fight Sarah? Is Sarah trying to blackmail her? Is the sex tape fake? He kept asking himself.

He realize Akeela was alone with Sarah and Sarah was capable of hurting her. He was about to get down from the car to go inside, in other to see what was happening when the door burst open and Akeela came out. She was walking furiously to her car when Fred ran after her and blocked her way.

Jamal sat back in his seat and watched with curiosity. Fred held her hand and she pushed him away before continuing her walk to her car. Jamal was confused about what is happening.

Is this where they usually meet? Where is Sarah?

Akeela's car wasn't too far away from Jamal's. When they were close enough, he slides back into the seat so he won't be noticed. Fred held her hand again, stopping her from entering the car.

"Keela, listen to me. I still love you", Fred tried to persuade her but Akeela was adamant. She tried to push him away again but his hold was stronger. Her chest heaved up and down as she stared at him with an angry look.

"Why do you want to ruin my marriage? I met with you that day because I wanted us to end things well, not on bad terms. Why are you doing this?"

"I'm sorry but I didn't mean for the video to get to your husband", Fred apologized.

"Video? What video?!"

"The sex video", Fred informed her.

"What? What sex video?!" She exclaimed.

"Our sex video", he said. A cold shiver ran down her spine and she finally pushed him away.

"What have you done?" She held her cheeks and began to cry.

"I'm sorry, Sarah sent it to him. I didn't...." He was cut off with a slap from Akeela.

"Oh, God!" She cried as Fred held his cheeks.

"I hate you!", she spat at him and entered the car before he could stop her.

She drove away at a high speed as Fred stood watching her go and tears rolled down Jamal's eyes.

****
Despite the ache I am feeling, I still had to update.

I wish to be updating daily now so we can finish before Ramadan In Sha Allah. We still have a long way to go and I hope I will have the strength to be updating daily. The daily update isn't a promise but I will see what I can do.

What do you think of this chapter? Don't you think something is amiss?

Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤