CHAPTER 14

Even the loud music blaring from the clubhouse was not enough to cheer Fred up. He kept glancing at his phone every minute as he gulped down the alcoholic wine before him, thinking Akeela would return his calls.

But she didn't. And he was worried. He wondered what was wrong. And he hoped she was fine.

"Stop moping around like a widower", Taylor snapped at him and stood up, after watching Fred for some time. He was getting irritated by the way he was looking at his phone every minute.

He felt Akeela had him wrapped around her fingers and it infuriated him. He didn't like her at all. He felt she was too fake. She barely talked whenever he was around Fred.

He kept wondering why Fred still loved her, even after she told him she wasn't ready to have sex with him. He knew Fred to be a sex maniac and a party freak but ever since Akeela came along, their friend became a different friend entirely and it pissed him off.

"I told you I don't feel like coming here," Fred reminded him.

"So you will end up killing yourself with worry over some girl that isn't even worth it?" Taylor retorted as the music was halted.

"Taylor?", Fred almost screamed. "How many times have I told you not to talk about my girl that way?"

Taylor scoffed. He was about to walk away from the annoying Fred when he saw a familiar figure waving at him.

It was Edna.

The perfect girl he was looking for. Someone to take Fred's mind off the silly girlfriend of his. He thought Akeela's homegoing would turn things soar between them but it looked like her absence made Fred love her more.

'Absence', they say 'makes the heart grow more fonder', he mused

Edna was in love with Fred and they dated before he met Akeela. Edna loved Fred but the love was one-sided. Fred wanted her for her body and when Akeela came into the picture, he dumped her sorry ass.

Edna tried to get him in her bed one more time but all her efforts proved abortive. Then she gave up.

"Hey, Edna", Taylor called, beckoning to her to come closer. The name made Fred raise his head. He was not the one to be serious with a girl. But Edna was one of a kind.

When they went for their first date, they ended up in bed. She was a wild girl in bed and that was not what Fred expected. He loved being in control but when Edna took control of him in bed, he loved the feeling and couldn't get enough of her. On their second date, they had sex again. But the third one never happened.

He never had plans on asking her to be his girlfriend, even though he knew she already thought they were in a relationship just because they had sex. Yet, he liked her.

But when he saw Akeela, he knew he was ready to have a girlfriend. What he felt for her was pure love. Pure love for her pure being.

Everything about Akeela was fascinating and beautiful. Her voice and the way she talked calmly. The way she walked gently, as if afraid to break the ground if she walked faster. The way she carried herself.

Akeela was shy yet confident. She was introverted yet intelligent. She was a beauty with brains.

Fred thought he liked wild crazy girls but being with Akeela proved him wrong. He loved everything about her.

Hearing Edna's name at that moment, brought back the memories of their nights together and he found himself getting hard.

"Taylor", Edna hugged Taylor who was all smiles. Taylor liked Edna.