Jack grealish - brothers best friend (Pt2)

"What the actual FUCK" Oh dear

Jack pulled away from me , leaving us both flustered under bens angry glare .

" Ben it's not what it looks like-" I say

" you sure , because to me it looks like you had your tongue shoved down my best mates mouth ? Or is that my eyes playing up ?" He seethed.

"Mate chill , we've both had too much to drink it was just a silly mistake , ok ? It won't happen again" jack said , I'm an attempt to calm an irate Ben .

" it won't ?" I question , hurt by his words.

" no . It won't"

silence fell over the three of us as Ben considered his next move .

"I mean why would it , she's just my mates little sister , nothing more ." Jack continued, cementing his promise to Ben .

Ouch .

" good." Ben said acknowledging his friends words .

"Right then , lets go. you've done enough for tonight" he then said to me , clearly wanting this conversation to be over .

As I go to follow Ben out of the room , I feel jack grab my hand , but I shrug it off . He needs to know what he said has hurt me , even if it was merely a ploy to get Ben off of our backs .

He said that this won't happen again .
We won't happen again. And it might sound dramatic but to find out the person you have feelings for likes you back , only for it to be thrown in your face a few minuets later hurts .

Maybe Ben had always been right , maybe it should have never happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I awoke to endless notifications pouring into to my phone , all from him .

Jack 💙 :

:hey , can we talk ? X

: I know you're annoyed at me , I'm sorry .

: I only said that shit to get him to leave us  alone .

: please call me I'm sorry ok ? Xx

Seven missed calls from jack 💙

I had no plan to call him back . If last night showed me one thing , it was that a relationship with jack would be too messy for the both of us to handle . And I can't do that to Ben , It's just not meant to be I guess .

"here you go" Ben said , walking into his guest room and handing me a coffe and some paracetamol. Even when he was annoyed he was the best brother .

" listen Ben , I'm sorry about last night."

" yeah , I'm sorry too . I just don't want one of my mates to end up breaking your heart."

" yeah , I know." He was right , if I got with jack , heartbreak would be practically inevitable . But part of me will always wonder what him and I could have been .

Days past , and I hear nothing more from jack . I don't blame him of course , after I'd chosen to ignore his messages I guess he understood that we  just can't happen .

... This was until , the fixture I somewhat dreaded fell . Chelsea vs Manchester City.

I made the short trip to Stamford bridge to support my big brother , the thought of seeing jack constantly in the back of my mind. With the name chilwell proudly displayed on my back , I made my way into the home stands along with the rest of the family . From my seat  I had a great view of both teams warming up , but only one player caught my eye . He was staring at me as he jogged up and down the length of  the pitch . He knew I'd be here , and by the looks of it , he's glad I am .