Phil foden - dirty little secret

Dating somebody in the limelight was possibly one of the loneliest yet most thrilling things I'd ever experienced ... even more so seeing as everybody knew me but hadn't a clue who I was .

You see I've been dating Phil for around five months now but , for reasons he liked to keep withdrawn from me , not one person knew of our relationship.

I was merely the girl that was sometimes 'spotted with the young star Phil foden' . And of course whilst some people guessed that I was a somewhat significant figure in Phils life , he himself refused to admit it . He avoided going out to eat in public , or even going to the shops together . If he had it his way I'd never leave the house with him at all , and that hurt me in more ways than i can describe

" baby , the match starts at four so I've got to head there now , I'll see you later on . Don't wait up " Phil said , leaning in and pressing a sweet kiss to my temple.

" are you sure I can't come with you ? I'll sit away from everyone else ." I proposed.

Phil merely shook his head , his eyebrows creasing at the thought of having this discussion yet again,

" I can't have this chat with you right now babe , I'm sorry. Just cheer me on from home yeah ?" He said , quickly brushing it off .

" um alright , I'll see you later then" i said faintly , and just in time before he'd slipped out of the front door .

To be honest I longed for nothing more than to be riding along in his passenger seat at that point in time , but I wasn't ... I never was .
It was upsetting, humiliating even , to know that every other player's girlfriend or partner would be there to watch and support them , yet Phil just wouldn't allow me to do the same

I'd lost count of the times I'd approached the subject with him , and every time he'd come up with a reason why we should stay secret a little longer .

At first it made sense but after a while it all became stupid and repetitive ...

" the media will go crazy"

" you won't handle the hate"

"your life will change , I don't want that for you"

And every time I ate up his excuses like the deluded girl I was . And every time he got what he wanted ; for me to remain his dirty little secret .

But I'm just not sure I can take much more of it . Every day I watch him leave knowing that countless girls , all more beautiful than me , would be throwing themselves at him , completely unaware of who waited for him at home .

Everyday I watch him leave for training or a match knowing that I wasn't accompanying him like most other partners would .

And every day I wish for him to show me off in some way , give me the slightest hint that he wasn't ashamed of me . But he never showed me anything , he hid me , like he was embarrassed or something.

No matter how much anger I was channelling in his direction , I still couldn't bring myself to miss his game . I tuned in on the tv and watched intently for the man I loved . But truthfully my heart ached for the relationship I felt I deserved . I wanted to be there . I wanted people to see me .

So when he arrived home after winning his game , he strolled into view with an unmistakable grin on his handsome face .

" I thought I told you not to stay up." Phil says when he spots me sat awake in our bed , but he leans over and pulls me into a passionate kiss all the same .

" yeah well I wanted to speak to you , I can't really sleep without doing that"

" oh god am I in trouble ?" He teases as he begins to undress for bed .

" you could say that yeah" I say , watching as his exterior becomes suddenly more serious .

" right ... carry on" he says , strolling towards the bed in nothing more than his boxers and climbing in .

" Phil , I'm not sure I can carry on like this . It's stupid that we've been together for nearly six months yet you refuse to let anyone know about us . I feel like your embarrassed of me or something" I say , playing with my fingers nervously.

"What , Where's this coming from ? I'd never be embarrassed of you baby" he said , going to take my hands in his own but I push them away .

" where's this coming from ? Phil I try and have this conversation with you every day and every time you feed me another stupid excuse" I rant , watching as he thinks of something to say next .

" I - I just -" he stuttered pathetically.

" Phil , I love you but unless something changes this.." I say gesturing between the two of us  , " is over" I finish , watching his face drop .

" baby please don't say shit like that . I love you too , which is why I don't want the public to find out about you . You've seen the horrible stuff people say to Sasha just for dating jack , I don't ever want to see you in that position." He explains , a pained expression on his face .

" I understand that Phil , and I love that you care , but at the end of the day I can handle it , just like Sasha does . I can't continue creeping around and doing nothing that we'd do in a normal relationship , it's humiliating and it's lonely."

" ok , ok . I hear you and I'm sorry that I've made you feel like that ." He said , going to take hold of my hands yet again , and this time I allow it .

" I'll post a picture of us which will basically confirm it , and from tomorrow we'll start going out and doing whatever it is that other couples do ."

At that moment it felt like a weight had been lifted from my chest ; people would finally know about us .

" Thank you baby , Thank you." I say , wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in to a hug .

" it's alright , but seriously if you ever feel like the hate or attention is to much please talk to me . I could never forgive myself if anything happened just because of who your dating"

" I promise" I say , leaning in and placing a long kiss to his cheek .

_______________________________

Liked by masonmount and 288,542 others Philfoden: my love <3_______________________________

Philfoden: my love <3
_______________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Request for @greysandfootball : )

I hope you enjoyed this one , sorry if it was a bit boring but I tried my best .

If you're in the England I hope you all are safe after the storm today , my school was closed and plenty of trees have fallen down so it was a pretty windy one 😭 lmao .