Jadon sancho - comfort in your arms

Disappointment .
It was the only word that came to her mind as she saw the strong hands of the Italian goalkeeper hit Jadon's ball away from the net .
She was not disappointed in him , or the team . She was disappointed for them .

Because as young bukayo saka crumbled in defeat after facing the same misfortune , the realisation that everything they had worked for  over these past few months had gone out of the window , hit them all . After being so close , the title had been nabbed from under their noses .

The joyful cheers of Italians echoed throughout Wembley stadium. That happiness was supposed to be theirs , that trophy should have been theirs . She never actually thought that they'd loose .

It broke her heart to see the boys she had grown to care for so defeated . Dec was crying , Jack was crouched on the ground , looking almost broken . She knew how badly he had wanted to win , for his brother .

But what broke her the most , was the sight of the three courageous young men that had gotten unlucky . They had stepped up to help their country and it hadn't paid off ; The three of them just looked so lost .

She stepped forward and made her way towards her boyfriend. He was being embraced by Gareth as he sobbed . She tapped him on the shoulder and saw how just for a moment his eyes lit up at the sight of her . He wasted no time in seeking comfort in her arms .

" shhh , I'm so proud of you okay ? You did so well . Please don't cry" she whispered to him as they hugged .

" I didn't do well . We lost." He said

" but you still made it to the finals , you still made history jadon."

" you don't get it , People are going to be horrible. Three black men missed the deciding penalties, the abuse is going to be unreal."
He said getting worked up .
It was so upsetting to know that this was his first thought. He knew that the same people who had worshiped the ground they walked on five hours prior, would now spit at his feet .

" we all love you J , no true fans would change their opinion on you because of this ."
He simply nodded at her words when words failed him .

" cmon , let's go and see the others." She spoke , kissing his cheek as they finally let go of one another.

They first walk in the direction of Marcus , who was in the arms of Jesse .
" jess,everyone is gonna hate me now" he says , his voice breaking .

" beans , we all love you alright ? This doesn't change anything."  Jesse says as he tries to calm his best friend.
It was horrible to see the boys like this , they were more upset about the hate they were about to receive than the loss they had just faced .

" Marcus , he's right . People will understand okay ? You were so brave to step up like that ; you all were ." She says as they reach the pair .

" it's alright beans , we're in it together." Jadon added as he reached out and hugged Marcus .

" you're right . Let's go check on bukayo he's not doing to great ." Marcus said as he attempted to pull himself together .

He was right , They headed towards the huddle of boys surrounding the heartbroken saka and felt sorrow rip through them at the sight of the lad . He looked gutted .

She watched on as everyone cleared to give the three boys space to embrace each other and whisper words of comfort. They were in it together .

" how are you doing ?" She asked mason as she stood with him .

" well ... not the best . I really thought we had a chance this time you know?"

" me too mase , me too." She said , embracing the boy .

It felt like hours before they were allowed to leave . The boys first had to accept their runner up medals , much to their upset . Jadon and most of the others refused to keep it on , I suppose it was a reminder of how close they had come .

The worst part was having to watch the smug Italian team lifting the trophy that they had all hoped to win tonight . The boys could barely watch .

" you ready to go ?" She asked Jadon once he had completed all of the formalities.

" I was ready ages ago . I didn't want to watch them celebrate." He said , his voice almost exhausted from his eventful night .

" I know , but it was good of you all to stay ." I acknowledged.

We say our goodbyes and head towards the car , Jadon had someone driving us home as neither of us felt up to it tonight . We climbed into the backseat and exchanged no words , instead we simply leaned into each other and found the comfort we both longed .

" I'm sorry if I disappointed you tonight ." Jadon said after a while of silence .
I turned my head from his chest to look him in the eyes .

" Jadon , you haven't disappointed me in the slightest. I'm so so proud of how far you guys have come . I know you got unlucky tonight , but it's always gonna happen , someone had to miss . And I know it sucks , but anyone that cared about you in the first place would never hold this night against you , okay ?"

He nodded and leaned in to kiss me , with more love than he ever had done before . In this moment we both knew that without each other , days like this would be intolerable.

Even when all else in the world failed us , we would always be able to rely on the other for comfort , always .

———————————————————

Kind of sad but I'm still not over the euros lmao . This was just a random little thing , I know it didn't really have much of a plot haha

Anyways hope u enjoyed whatever this was , and don't forget to comment any requests ! x