Chapter 3 - Minal

When we arrived home from the airport, we had dinner in the dining room. Ya Siyyama was busy gisting our parents about her stay in Oxford while I busied myself thinking about Imran.

I just couldn't get him out of my mind, it was obvious I liked him. Could this be infatuation, or what exactly? I wondered while playing with the fork in my hand. 

I actually couldn't eat the food in front of me. I just kept forking the vegetables in my plate while thinking overly again and again.

Whenever mom, dad, or Ya Siyyama said something funny and looked at me I would smile as if I was following their conversation.

"Minal, why ain't you eating your food? Is everything okay?" mom eventually asked, pulling me out of my trance.

"Eh... I mean, yes mom. Everything is fine" I said crooking a smile on my face while forcing some cabbages into my mouth.

"Doesn't seem like it though, is like she's sad I didn't bring something back for her from Oxford" Ya Siyyama said to mom as she giggled at me.

"No, haba Ya Siyyama" I huffed rubbing the back of my neck, "sai kace wata karamar yarinya? I am no longer a baby ai, so why should I worry about that?"

"Toh kid sis, what then is wrong with you? A gaya mana dan Allah" she sarcastically said as she grabbed and began sipping the juice in her vincity. 

"Nothing" I muttered not willing to disclose anything to them.

From where should I even start if I choose to tell them what was bothering me? They all knew about my dream to bag PhD before even thinking about falling in love.

By the way, even if I had decided to change my mind what would they think about Imran? Falling in love with my sister's friend? What if Ya Siyyama was also in love with him and he was in love with her too?

"Nothing? It can't be nothing. You look worried, Minal" mom said as dad chimed in,

"Dan Allah ku bar Mamana ta huta, maybe she's not even hungry that's why she's not eating anything" he said making me to smile cheerfully.

"Hmm, Alhaji kenan. You like siding this girl, abu kadan kace Maman ka" mom said eying him.

"Toh ai Mamana ce" dad smiled rubbing his hand on my back, "isn't it, Minal?" he wrinkled a brow at me.

"Eh" I shyly covered my face.

"Good, she's bearing my mother's name while Siyyama is bearing your mother's name. So, everybody should hold their own mother" he playfully said to mom as she smirked at him,

"Toh ai shikenan" she said.

After the meal, mom and I cleared the table. I then went upstairs to my room while she joined Ya Siyyama and dad in the sitting room. They weren't done gisting yet.

Talking about gist, I would be glad to know more about Imran from Ya Siyyama but not now. If I ask her now she would probably suspect something, but would I be able to hold myself long without getting to know him better? 

God knows I was already going crazy about him inside of me, if only I could get his contact details now. But wait a minute, if he was the son of Alhaji Mangal then I could possibly get his information on the internet... right?

I quickly grabbed my phone from the bedside table and launched my chrome browser. I searched his name, Imran Mangal and luckily some information about his father came out. Alhaji Mangal, the founder of NaturalGas Ltd...

But unfortunately, there was nothing helpful about the information since it couldn't lead me to Imran. I angrily exited the app and dropped my phone on the bed before laying down gently. All I needed was his contact, or at least his social media handle if he had any.

While staring at the ceiling, I started imagining myself getting married to him already. The scene shifted to me carrying our first child in my belly, and thence giving birth to the child for him later.

I quickly shook my head and adjusted into a sitting position. I had never imagined myself thinking like that about any guy before. What's wrong with me? I wondered breathing calmly.

Just an hour or two of meeting a guy, I was already thinking about getting married to him and even conceiving for him? I scolded myself before finally admitting to the fact that Imran had probably stolen my heart.

***************

Hmm, chapter 3 as promised...

I don't wanna be a lazy writer again.