Chapter 48 - Imran

Ever since Rahina and I met few weeks ago, we had been communicating with each other on phone. She had decided to stay in her uncle's house here for a while.

Her parents were against it though, due to the insecurity in Nigeria but she was adamant. Albeit she didn't tell them she was staying because of me.

Today, she decided to pay me a visit at my working place. And when she came, I was tempted by her beauty. Her bright skin was something to write home about, the combination of two races.

I didn't even know when I grabbed one of her hands and began cherishing it. I was literally carried away until Mallam Garba appeared from nowhere and cleared his throat.

"Sir, Rumaisah brought this to you. She said Minal sent her" he said, holding the food package in his hands firmly.

"Where is the Rumaisah?" I asked, looking around.

"She left just now" He responded.

"Ah! Why will she just drop something and go without even coming to greet me?" I bellowed.

"She's in a hurry that's why" he uttered, obviously trying to defend her. He was her uncle, after all.

"Okay then, please take it to my office for me" I politely ordered him.

"Okay sir" he said and left.

"Hmm, your wife is really the caring type" Rahina said with a bit touch of jealousy in her voice. I had sensed it.

"You can say that again" I beamed at her.

"Well," she huffed, "you both are lucky to have each other. I believe you don't intend to marry again soon, right?"

"I don't think so" I blurted.

"But why? I mean, it's common here in Nigeria to have more than one wife, right? Besides, you are rich. You can definitely be able to take care of two women, ...even four!" she said, and all I did was blush.

She was right, I had everything it takes to keep four women but what she didn't understand is I didn't have the intention of doing that. Not when I had all I needed in Minal.

"Hmm, I am not the polygamous type maybe that's why..." I shrugged. Just then, she rolled her eyes at me and told me she was leaving. "So soon?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes, I have something important to do at home" she said, pulling the door of her car open when I placed my hand and pushed it back.

"At least, let's go and eat in my office first" I recommended.

"No," she shook her head, "I am fine. I ate before coming" she turned down the offer. 

"Like seriously?" I wrinkled a brow at her.

I wasn't surprised at the sudden change in her behavior though, I already knew how naive she was when it comes to anger management. She was obviously angry with me now for not adhering to her polygamous idea.

"Yes, so please take your hands off my door!" she said, laying emphasis on her last few words.

"Okay then" I stepped back and watched as she stormed into her car and drove away.

Ikon Allah! I scoffed and shook my head before heading straight to my office. I was hungry by the way. 

When it was time for home, I went straight to my car and hopped in. Thus, I drove home hoping to go and meet my queen sexily dressed while waiting for me.

Unfortunately for me, what I was going to meet was the opposite of what I envisioned. Trust me, I had never seen Minal in such a state before.

She had sat in the sitting room on the tiles with her feet stretched and her back leaning on one of the sofas. She didn't look good at all, she was looking sad and just as I walked over to her and asked what was going on, she bursted into tears.

"My love, what happened?" I was dumbfounded.

I didn't really know what was going on, infact I thought it was the baby that was causing her pain until she unlocked her phone and showed me a picture.

To my utmost bewilderment, it was the picture of Rahina and I where we stood during the day. It was taken from the main junction facing us, probably by someone trying to cause havoc between Minal and I.

But who could that possibly be?

Was it Rumaisah?

If it was her, I will definitely make sure I fire her uncle tomorrow... so he could deal with her for me!

I angrily mulled over while trying all my best to explain to Minal that it wasn't what she was thinking, and to assure her that I will never cheat on her. 

***************

Hmm, almost done with this book!