Chapter 42 - Imran

While escorting my friends to the parking lot, they started teasing me that I was happy now that I would be left alone with my bride to enjoy the pleasure of this world.

Zubair even went further to tell me to be merciful as they leave and to make sure I do it gently so as not to kill Minal or lame her. Could you imagine all that coming from their mouths?

Anyways, all I did was to roll my eyes at them and pretend deaf ears to their jokes until they finally drove off. Thus, I headed back into the duplex and went straight to Minal's room.

Yesterday I was unable to step into the room due to the people around. I had to spend the night at the boys-quarters together with my friends even though there was still enough space in the duplex. We needed to give the girls some privacy, you know? 

After salaaming into the room, I met Minal spraying some perfume around. She quickly responded to my salaam and continued doing what she was doing.

"Wow, smells good!" I said, walking over to her. "But do you have to do all this, aren't you supposed to be resting?"  I asked.

"Resting?" she wrinkled a brow at me, "I am not here to rest ai, I am here to work and serve you" she said and continued spraying the perfume with her back facing me now.

I didn't know if she deliberately did that in order to entice me but to be honest, I was already losing my mind seeing her that way in such a very tight gown. But before I allow myself to be overwhelmed by lust, I needed to talk to her about something first. So I called her attention.

"Minal, can we talk?" I uttered.

"Is everything okay, my love?" she asked.

"Yes, it's just that I would like us to talk about something" I calmly said in order not to scare her.

"Okay, let's sit koh?" she said heading to the sofa.

"Alright," I followed her.

And just as we sat in the sofa, I heaved a sigh and held her hands. Then I smiled while staring at her attractive eyes. She was really beautiful on her own, even though sometimes I used to see Siyyama in her. No offence, I knew Siyyama before her after all.

"Finally, you are mine now" I started, "And I am yours!" – I watched as she smiled and coyly lowered her face before I continued, "You are very beautiful, Minal. Maybe not the most beautiful woman on earth but trust me, you are beautiful in your own way and I love that. I also love the fact that you didn't give up on me, you stood by me and did all you could to make this union possible. And now look at us, isn't that amazing?"

"Yes my king, it is amazing" she said in what seemed like a whisper as she stared at me now, "And I am glad you acknowledged my efforts, my love" she added.

"Hmm," I beamed at her, "and that bring us to the next agenda. It is really important, should I continue?" I asked. Thence, she positively nodded her head. "Okay" I sighed and continued, "Minal we are both human beings, right? And that means none of us is perfect, right?"

"Yes my love" she uttered, nodding her head at the same time.

"Good. And you know, no matter how much we love each other dole zamu samun matsala watarana. That's just the reality, after all; no relationship or union is free from imperfection. But Minal I want you to know one thing, patience is virtue. It is the one thing that is keeping nearly all the marriages alive today. So, let's always be patient with each other"

"Okay, my love. I will always be patient with you, I promise" she said with her eyes filled with tears already.

Seeing that, I decided to cut the whole thing short. By the way, it wasn't as if she wasn't lectured by her parents before coming.

"I will be patient with you too, Minal. And trust me, I will never treat you like a slave. We are not slave and master here, we are partners" I assured her.

"Hakane. Thank you, my king" she sniffed, releasing the tears in her eyes.

"You are welcome, my queen" I gently wiped the traces left by the tears on her cheeks while staring at her lustfully. 

🔊 🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

Now’s your moment, 
(La la)
Floatin’ in a blue lagoon
(La la)
Boy, you better do it soon
No time will be better
(La la la la la...)

She don’t say a word
And she won’t say a word until ya,
Kiss the girl!

🎶🎶🎶

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don’t be scared
You got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl! 

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don't stop now,
Don’t try to hide it...
How you wanna kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Float along,
And listen to the song
The song say, “Kiss the girl”

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
The music play
Do what the music say
You got to kiss the girl!

🎶🎶🎶

(You got to):
Kiss the girl!

(Go on and):
Kiss the girl!

(You got to):
Kiss the girl!

🔊 🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵

Music: Kiss The Girl
Artist: Samuel E. Wright
Movie: The Little Mermaid

*************** 

Thanks for reading!