Chapter 36 - Imran

Remember what my father said about me getting used to the weather condition in Moscow? Well, it turned out he was right. We couldn't seal our business deal in time, hence we stayed for some time.

During our stay, I didn't only get used to the weather condition. I got used to being around Rahina, she was a very beautiful girl and seriously I was beginning to feel something for her. 

Every morning we would meet in the dining table for breakfast, and in the afternoon; in her painting room. There, she used to make paintings. She was good at it, no wonder her father praised her as one of the best artists Moscow had.

Apart from being beautiful and a good Artist, she was also very kind... and understanding too. When I told her I was in a relationship, she asked if I could show her the picture of my girlfriend. Well, I did. I showed her Minal's picture and she smiled and told me Minal is beautiful.

"Yes, but not as beautiful as you are" Came my reply, which made her blushed. She then promised to depict a portrait of me before I left.

I was so happy to hear that, however my happiness was cut short when I remembered I would be leaving her soon. Seriously, I didn't want to leave. I would like to always be around her.

She understood that too, but it was obvious she wasn't interested in being in any relationship for now. Not with me and certainly not with any other guy.

She once told me about her past relationship which subjected her to great pain. According to her narration, her boyfriend dumped her for her best friend. And I was like, was he blind or something?

I mean, why would any sane man think about dumping such an angel like her? Trust me, if I would be given the chance to date her I would never turn my back against her. I would definitely love and cherish her for life, or so I thought.

Noticing how close we became overtime, my father asked if I was in love with her. At first I thought he was just kidding. But when I looked at him and saw how serious he was, I decided to tell him the truth.

"Yes, I am" I had confessed in what seemed like a whisper.

"Hmm, good!" he had smiled and then talked about the possibility of getting us married after talking to her father, "But are you really serious? I would hate to be disappointed later, if you aren't serious just tell me so I won't bother talking to her parents about it" he had added.

That moment, I felt the best thing to do was to tell him I wasn't serious so he could forget about it. I really didn't want to hurt Minal, you know? But at the same time I didn't want to lose Rahina, she was my new profound dream.

"Yes," I had blurted.

"Yes what?" he had curiously asked.

Actually, I was also confused with the response I gave him. I didn't just know exactly what to say or what to do at the moment.

I had mixed feelings about the whole thing. In fact, I was beginning to think I was going too far the fact that Rahina had made it clear to me she wasn't ready for any relationship at the moment due to her past experience.

"Come on, Imran... say something!" he had added sternly.

Seeing how serious and eager he was to know what was on my mind, I eventually made up my mind and told him I was serious about Rahina.

Just then, he smiled broadly and pulled me into a hug, "That's my son!" he said, with happiness written allover his face.

***************

Second update.

Once again, sorry for the broad break.