Chapter 41 - Minal

On the day of our wedding Fatiha, I felt like someone reborn... especially when one of Imran's friends, Sharif called and apprised me that the knot had been tied.

I didn't know when I bursted into tears of joy. Right there, I hugged my mom and began thanking Allah. It was a dream come true, there was literally no going back now.

Sayyada was there for me throughout the occasional. She even escorted me to my matrimonial home together with some of my friends that somehow managed to come. 

I actually didn't share invitation cards to some but yet, they came. I was even shy when I saw some of them, I thought they would scold me but none of them did. They joined their hands and helped me in all the way they could.

When we arrived at my matrimonial home in the evening, my face was still damp with mom and Gogo Sabuwa's nasiha still lingering in my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about all the things they told me before I left.

Sayyada added hers too while on our way, and I was glad she did the fact that I needed all the good advice in this world at the moment. Any advice that will be of help to my marriage, even from a spinster is welcomed. 

"The house is nice!"

"So nice!"

People had commented the moment we arrived, and I was glad they did. Imran had really tried in purchasing and furnishing the house, it was a luxurious duplex. Five times more fancier than my dad's house. In fact, not even his dad's house was close to being compared to it.

His father was so angry when he knew about the house, he asked why he had to spend four hundred and fifty million naira on a house in Minna. He also asked why he didn't use the apartment he gifted him sometime ago. 

Honestly, I was also surprised when he told me he was going to buy a duplex worth that amount, it was a week to our wedding then and I thought we didn't really need such a big house. We could start with something small, you know, and then upgrade later.

However, he was adamant. He bought it, and I gave him my full support. I give him my full support because what he did wasn't bad, he did it for us. I believe our future kids would be glad to be raised in such a conducive environment. 

When it was quarter past nine in the evening, most of the people that escorted me to my matrimonial home left, leaving Sayyada and just few others with me. And even though there were many rooms in the house, they decided to sleep in my room which was so big.

The king-sized bed was able to accommodate some of us while others slept on the sofa and armchair in the room. There was nothing like first night in my case because Imran didn't even show up until the following day.

I heard he slept in the boys-quarters with his friends even though there was enough space downstairs in the duplex. Maybe he just wanted to give us privacy, or maybe he wanted to give me space for now. 

In the morning, Sayyada and the few others that slept over cooked breakfast, served me and also served Imran and his friends. They really did great. They even had to clean the house after breakfast before finally leaving.

As soon as they left, I went to my room to arrange some of my clothes in the closet. Suddenly, Imran came and salaamed in. He smiled when he saw me working alone and asked if he could assist me. 

"No, thank you sir" I politely turned down his offer and continued with the work while he kept staring at me.

"Hmm, okay then" I heard him huffed. "By the way, you look breathtaking. I mean, hot!" he commented.

I knew he was definitely going to talk about my outfit, it was an abaya gown and to be honest it was very tight. 

"Thank you, my husband" I said without turning to look at him. Somehow, I was shy and my heart was kind of beating faster than it was. 

"You are welcome, my queen" I heard him said. Thus, he told me his friends were leaving.

"Wow, now? Eyyah, please tell them we are grateful for everything" I vocalised.

"In Shaa Allah zasu ji. Let me escort them out and come back soon" he said, and before I knew it he had left the room.

The word "...and come back soon" made my body to start shaking. I didn't know why, but I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was to live in the same roof with him.

***************

Eid Mubarak to you all.