Chapter 15 - Minal

When I confided with Sayyada about Imran few days ago, she advised me to do istikhara... to which I did.

Trust me, what I saw in my dream a day after freaked me out even though it was kind of a good sign at the end. I didn't really understand what it meant exactly though, so I went to Sayyada's house.

When I arrived at Sayyada's house I narrated everything to her. She was shocked to hear about it but assured me that everything will be fine, God's Willing.

Actually, what I saw in the dream was some people crying. I found myself in their midst, in a very big mansion. I was wearing a long gown and it was well adorned like that of a bride. Someone then appeared from nowhere, an old man whose face I didn't get to see.

The old man walked me upstairs, to a room where I met a man wearing a shining gray caftan with his cap halfway into his head. He was standing gallantly, facing a door that led to the balcony of the room. The door was open and the man's hands were in his trousers' pockets.

Suddenly, the man turned and behold it was Imran. My heart started beating fast as he was also in tears like the other people I found downstairs. What is going on? I asked myself. Hence he walked over to me and gave me a hug which really surprised me.

The scene then shifted to another day in another place, we were plucking some fruits from a beautiful tree together with two cute children. A girl and a boy. I didn't know whose children they were but we were all happy together and there was no sign of sadness in our faces.

When I woke up from the dream, my whole body was shaking. At first I didn't remember about the istikhara I did until minutes later, thus I linked the dream to it and decided to see Sayyada.

Before I returned back home, she gave me some azkar to be doing every morning and night. She also advised me to be very careful about my approach to Imran, and to avoid doing things on my own.

"Thank you, Sayyada. I really appreciate it" I said as we headed towards the gate of their house.

"You are welcome" she said and then apologized to me that she wouldn't be able to escort me to my car outside, "Wallahi na manta in dauko hijabi na" she muttered.

"No problem Sayyada, ba sai kin raka ni waje ba. Nan ma yayi" I said smiling.

"Toh, thank you" she huffed, "Sai munyi waya kenan"

"In Shaa Allah" I said and walked out through the gate.

Her dad was really trying with re-innovation these days, even the mosque in front of their house had been re-innovated.

While walking to my car, a tricycle (keke napep) came and dropped a passenger who happened to be the girl I once gave a lift home in one rainy evening. 

I waited for her to pay the cyclist before calling on her attention. Thus, we greeted and then everyone went their own way. She was really nice and gentle.

I liked how devoted she was in seeking Islamic knowledge. Sayyada had once told me the girl was a graduate and had done her Service already, she was among the oldest students of her father.

While on my way home, I pulled over at a restaurant and ordered for a fried chicken wings and a can of Pepsi. The waiter quickly took my order, and while waiting at my table my phone began ringing. It was Ya Siyyama.

"Hello" I said the moment I picked the call.

Just then three guys came into the restaurant and began making unnecessary noise while throwing friendly punches at each other.

I was about to cover my mouthpiece and tell them to less the noise and that I was on a call when surprisingly, Imran walked in trailing them. He was obviously together with them. 

My heart began racing as they all started looking for empty table to occupy. I even forgot I was on a call with Ya Siyyama until I heard her saying, "What's wrong with you, Minal?!"

"Nothing" I said in what seemed like a whisper and anxiously swallowed down a lump in my throat.

***************

New update coming up soon, In Shaa Allah.