Chapter 50 - Imran

"Look, Rahina there is absolutely nothing we can do. He already made it clear to me that he will never agree to this marriage!" I had tried to make her understand.

"But why? Is it about what my parents did back then? Haba, it's not fair. What does that has to do with me?" Rahina had lamented, I didn't just know why she wasn't willing to give up.

"I don't know, but the fact that you are their daughter, I think that's why. So the best thing now is for you to give one of your admirers a chance to present himself. I don't want you to keep wasting your time on me because my father will never agree to our union" I had said as a matter of factly.

I still had feelings for her but the fact that the relationship was going nowhere, I had to put an end to it. I was already tired of the silent treatment Minal was given me. She had changed totally ever since I personally confessed to having feelings for Rahina. 

"Well, I can see that you don't love me, Imran. If you love me, you won't wait for your father's consent before getting married to me" Rahina had said, probably out of ignorance.

"Like seriously? Marry you without my father's consent?" I chuckled, "No, I don't think so. Even though I can be crazy at times, I always know where to draw the lines. Rahina, we – us, it's never going to work gaskiya" I had said with an air of finality, and that was it.

Ever since we had that conversation, she permanently returned back to Moscow. She also stopped checking on me on social media, we were now like strangers. But despite that, Minal wasn't satisfied.

Few months ago we had an argument about parental care. She blatantly told me I wasn't doing my job properly, and for that reason she wouldn't be conceiving for me again. I was shocked to hear that.

Nevertheless, I still stood by my words that I was really trying my best. Actually, I used to be busy these days with work. This year alone I flew out of the country more than twenty times, and each trip used to last for like two to three days.

Hence, there was no time for me to have fun with our kids. However, I was willing to make some adjustments.

Hence today, after breakfast I decided to postpone one of my trips in other to spend time with both Minal and our kids. The kids were so excited about it. Farida, the eldest made a list of the places she would like us to go.

I didn't know the kind of training Minal used to give her, she was so brilliant and clever at such a young age. She was just eight now.

One of the places she chose for was the central park, known for its historical features. She also chose the zoo, Rose Garden, Play House and then the Milk Factory.

She said they had once been there with their teachers, sadly I didn't know about it because I was too busy looking for the money to cater for their needs.

We went to the places, had fun... and when it was time for us to return home, we did that without hesitation. Everyone was happy, except for Minal. Thus, I decided to ask her what the problem was.

And to my utmost surprise, she broke into tears while trying to explain to me. "It's okay my love" I pulled her into a hug and cherished her until she was finally ready to speak.

Hence, she told me she had been noticing some changes in her body lately and was very sure it was pregnancy. "I intend to abort it but," she huffed and continued, "seeing how hard you tried today just to impress us, I decided to change my mind"

"Wow," I uttered with my jaw agape.

Her confession weakened my heart. All she wanted was love, care, and attention. But I was too busy doing the opposite.

In order to mend things, I promised her I would stepdown from the position of the chief executive officer of my oil company and focus on being an adviser instead. I also narrated everything that had transpired between me and Rahina to her, leaving no stone unturned this time around.

"But have you slept with Rahina before?" she asked, looking deep into my eyes. 

"No, but we had hugged and kissed several times before" I opened up to her.

When I reached the hugging and kissing part, her mood changed again. But this time around, I didn't use words to calm her. I took her straight to our bedroom upstairs, thanks to the weight she lost, and the rest is history! 

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠ T H E  .  E N D ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Half Girlfriend

Written, Edited And Published By

Muhammad Abubakar (KingMoha)

Copyright © 2023

Special thanks to Allah, without Whose help nothing can be accomplished. And to my readers everywhere. I really appreciate it and I truly love you all. I hope that we meet in my next book soon. Goodbye to you all. I will miss you.