Chapter 37 - Minal

After weeks of waiting, Imran finally returned to Nigeria!

I wasn't aware of his arrival in time though, it was when he landed that he called an informed me that he was back.

To say I was happy is an understatement. Even my parents were happy too.

I quickly drove to his residence and was warmly welcomed by his mother. He actually introduced me to her when she asked.

The only person that didn't bother knowing who I was; was his father. The man just glanced at me and left. He probably was exhausted.

His mother gladly brought some cookies and drinks for me before leaving us, I mean both Imran and I in the sitting room to ourselves.

To be honest, Imran had changed. He looked more handsome and fresh than he used to, however he didn't look lively.

"Is everything okay?" I asked out of curiosity. I was sitting in an armchair opposite the sofa he sat in.

"Nothing" he muttered, looking down.

"Nothing?" I wrinkled a brow at him.

"Yes, nothing" he muttered again.

"Hmm," I stood to my feet, "it doesn't look like nothing" I said as I walked over to where he was and sat close to him, "Tell me, my love, what is bothering you"

"You don't wanna know," he heaved a sigh and shook his head. "Plus it's a family thing" he added.

"Am I not family?" I said as I gently grabbed one of his hands into a warm clasp. 

"Not really, I mean... the situation is big and I just don't know how to explain it" he said and heaved a sigh again.

Perhaps the business deal didn't go well, or was it something else? I just didn't know.

"Is it about the business deal?" I decided to ask.

"Somehow," he gulped.

"Mind gisting me?" I persuasively said as I turned his hand in my right hand and began illustrating love (heart) symbol on his palm with my left hand using my index finger.

The method worked, and before I knew it he began explaining things to me.

"It wasn't just about the business deal, it was about something else" he huffed and continued, "My dad and the ambassador's wife had an argument about... something shortly after the business deal was sealed, and that argument led to the cancellation of the entire deal. Although we were compensated, but I wasn't happy with how it ended"

His words made me shock, I didn't actually expect that. What would have gone wrong? I really wanted to know more about what exactly happened and the kind of argument his father had with the ambassador's wife but I also didn't want to bother him.

"Don't worry, my love" I beamed at him, "Better deals and opportunities are coming In Shaa Allah" I said trying to console him.

"In Shaa Allah" he muttered. "How's your dad's health?" he asked.

"Dad's fine, still on wheelchair though" I responded, "He even told me to greet you, mom too"

"Eyyah, I am answering" he said.

"Thank you, I will let them know when I return home" I assured him.

Thus, he nodded gently in acknowledgement and then silence crept upon us for some minutes.

"So," I cleared my throat eventually ending the silence, "I found this picture on Instagram" I uttered, showing him the picture which was in my phone.

It was a picture of a pregnant woman standing close to a Cessna with her husband. They were both smiling, obviously happy.

"You know them?" he asked.

He probably didn't get the message I was trying to convey to him, of course I didn't know them! I just wanted him to know how eager I was to see us together that way too.

"No, ban san su ba. Just that it amazes me to see married couples together" I said thinking he would reflect but dude didn't even say a word, he just stayed mute. Hence, I decided to go straight to the point. "Imran, don't you think it's better if we start talking about marriage now?"

***************

A new update...

Sorry we had no stable light earlier.