Chapter 30 - Imran

When Barirah confessed to me that day about not having a male friend apart from me, her words lingered in my mind throughout the night.

I had never imagined for once that, all that while I was the imaginary boyfriend she was telling me about. Sadly, there was nothing I could do about it. 

I didn't tell her I could not love her, I only told her to have some rest that evening. And when we got to meet the following day, none of us cared to talk about the issue.

We talked about Minal's father instead, he had been flown to the U.K for treatment. I never knew about it though until Barirah notified me.

Thus, I called Minal and told her we would be coming to greet her. She was very happy to hear that. Well, that was the least we could do for her at the moment. Pay her a visit and console her.

When we arrived at the house in the evening, Minal's cousin welcomed us in. He led us straight to the sitting room and told us to have a seat.

"Thank you!" We sat in a couch.

"You are welcome" he said and sat in one of the empty chairs, going through his phone.

Just then, Minal came with a transparent tray in her hand which had two empty glasses and a bottle of VeraWater in it. "Sannun ku da zuwa," she greeted us, dropping the tray close to us. "Ya hanya?"

"Alhamdulillah!" We responded, and Barirah proceeded to ask about her father's health. 

"He's still on the wait list ai, but hopefully... soon he would be operated on" she said, sitting on the armrest of the chair close to her cousin. 

"Eyyah, toh Allah ya taimaka" Barirah said.

"Ameen!" We chorused. Thus, they continued talking about random things while I smile and chime in where necessary.

I tried as much as I could to lower my gaze, the fact that Minal wasn't wearing any veil or hijab. She was chubby and her gown was so tight, everytime my eyes landed on her body I would feel the urge to keep staring at her.

She really had good body, and when I say good body I am talking about full package. She might not be as beautiful as Siyyama but hey, she was a classic babe too.

After chitchatting with each other for a while, they excused themselves and Minal took her upstairs to – according to her – show her something. And that left me and her cousin in the sitting room.

"You like her too, right?" The guy said, rendering me speechless.

"Who? Like who?" I didn't actually know what he was talking about.

He scoffed, "Come on, don't tell me you don't know who I am referring to. Minal of course!" he kept his phone aside, and rested his hands on the armrests of his chair.

"Oh, Minal? But why asking?" I wrinkled a brow at him.

"Because I saw the way you were staring at her" he said, irritating me. "The good news is," he continued, "she loves you too. In fact, you are one of the reasons she couldn't love me"

"Huh?" My jaw was dropped in bewilderment, "Is this some kind of a joke or what? I don't understand, bro"

"You will, soon!" he stood to his feet and left the sitting room.

To say I was dumbfounded by his words is an understatement. I didn't even know what to think of when he left.

If I get the point he was trying to make, he unimaginably loved her but she didn't love him in return.

What's mine in it then? If I were him, I would let her be. For good. I can't imagine forcing someone to love me, nor forcing myself to love someone.

***************

Short chapter.

Follow my profile please, show some love; KingMoha