Chapter 47 - Minal

"Minal gaskiya kin kara kyau sosai" Rumaisah said, probably teasing me. Although she wasn't the first to say that, but I believed they were just trying to please me.

With the kind of stress I was going through these days, I doubt if any of them was telling the truth about me looking more beautiful now.

"How do you expect me to believe you when this pregnancy is taking its toll on me?" I asked her while washing the vegetables. We were cooking lunch in the kitchen.

"Like seriously? But I don't see any negative changes in you, Minal" she said, beaming at me. "Trust me!" she added. 

"Okay, fine..." I raised my hands in surrender, "I trust you" I beamed back at her.

"Good!" she huffed. 

"So, how is Khalifa?" I asked, referring to her fiance. 

"Hmm, that imbecile!" she said, making me to burst into laughter.

"Imbecile kuma? What has he done this time around?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Ke dai bari" she muttered and narrated what transpired between them to me that when she went to his shop two days ago to pay him a visit, he embarrassed her in front of his apprentices for not buying anything for him while coming.

"Haba dai, sai kace yaro karami?" I was surprised to hear that.

"That's why I called him imbecile ai, and guess what? He had the guts to call me later on phone to say he was only kidding, and that I took the matter seriously" she explained further.

"Hmm, Khalifa kenan!" I blurted.

"Ai bari, I will definitely teach him a merciless lesson. I have stopped responding to his messages already and also stopped picking his calls" she said, reminding me of the love movie I watched sometime ago in Arewa Prime.

"Just take it easy dai," I giggled.

"Thank you but no thank you. I will not take it easy, Minal!" she dilated her eyes as if directing her anger towards me. I didn't even know when I burt into another laughter, this time around scornful laughter. "Funny, right? Well, continue laughing" she said, making me to laugh even more.

When we were done cooking, I packaged Imran's food for him before heading out to eat in the dining room. We ate while we gisted about random things.

After that, I asked if she could drop at Imran's working place and help me deliver his lunch to him.

"Today I have nobody to send there, it's our security man's friend I normally used to send but he's kind of busy today" I elaborated.

"No problem, Minal. Ba ta side din F-layout ba?" she asked in order to be sure about the location.

"Yes, ta side din ne" I nodded in affirmative.

"Alright then," she collected the package and then bade me goodbye before leaving.

I couldn't escort her to the gate because walking was literally becoming hard for me these days. Soon I might need a house help.

Talking about house help, Imran had wanted getting one for me before but I blatantly told him not to. That was in the early stage of this pregnancy.

I never knew how hard and difficult things would turn out to be for me as time progresses until now. And now, I couldn't think about a better idea than getting a house help soon.

Shortly after Rumaisah left, I went to my room upstairs to rest. Climbing the stairs was another strenuous task on its own. Whenever I reach the end of the stairway, I would pant like someone that did community service for six consecutive weeks.

"Bismillah..." I uttered as I gently climbed the bed. I then leaned my back on the bed's headboard. 

As soon as I picked my laptop about to watch some movies, my phone – which was on the bedside table began ringing.

It wasn't far from me, hence I stretched my hand and grabbed it from the table. It was Rumaisah, I mean the person calling was Rumaisah.

"Hello?" I said the moment I picked the call, wondering why she called. She literally just left not long ago.

"Hi, Minal. You won't believe what I am about to tell you" she said, freaking me out.

"What? Kin zubar da abincin koh?" I muttered. That was the only thing that came into my mind but to my utmost surprise it wasn't it. It was something even more!

"No, haba Minal me kika maida ni?" she bewailed, "I am not a small child now, the food is intact. It's just that as soon as I left your house I got a lift from a good samaritan. The man drove me to my destination which is Imran's working place," she huffed and continued, "only for me to oversee Imran and a... I don't know, a British or American girl maybe, holding each other from afar. I don't know what they are discussing, but from all indication they are into each other. Let me send you the picture to see for yourself!"

***************

This is serious, right? 😂