Chapter 14 - Imran

When Barirah came to take her basket the following day, my father happened to be around. They greeted and, I didn't know what Hajiya told him but he just started calling Barirah his daughter in-law.

Funny, right? I mean, it wasn't as if there was something between me and the girl so why calling her his daughter in-law? If only he knew we were just friends, he wouldn't have even thought about calling her that.

When he left, we sat in the sitting room together with Hajiya and chit-chatted for a while. She asked Barirah about her mom and the girl told her her mom was fine and that she had even told her to extend her regards to her.

Hajiya was keen to hear that, "Greet her for me please if you reach home, tell her our journey is around the corner and I would like her to make that list for me before then. She knows what list I am talking about" she said to Barirah.

"Okay, I will let her know by God's Grace" Barirah said.

"Good" Hajiya said and changed the topic, "Do you know that Imran enjoyed your snacks yesterday?" she wrinkled a brow at Barirah.

"Hmm, yeah... he told me on phone" Barirah replied.

"Ah, ashe dai... wow, Ma Shaa Allah" she said glancing at the two of us while smiling broadly, "If you see how he was devouring the snacks," she continued, "wallahi he almost ate them all when I went to check on him in his room some minutes after he returned. Sai kace kura ya ga nama" she sarcastically said.

Barirah smiled, "Hajiya kenan. Haka ake so ai, you know men and food. They don't joke with that" she said.

"Especially kayan marmari haka ma dai, Imran loves light refreshments since when he was a child" Hajiya apprised her.

"Wow, eyyah. Ashe zan ta kawo me snacks kullum kenan" Barirah said smiling.

"A'a, ki bari dai watarana ga ki ga shi a roof daya sai ki ta bashi yana ci" Hajiya giggled.

The two continued talking, partially ignoring my presence until later on they decided to initiate me into their conversation. "Imran, is it true?" Barirah asked.

"What is true?" I wrinkled a brow at her, surprised.

Actually I didn't know what she was talking about because my mind wasn't on them for a few minutes, I was going through my phone; checking my social media apps.

"That you can't cook anything except indomie and egg?" she said.

I didn't know what to reply her with so I smiled and heaved a sigh, after all it wasn't as if Hajiya was lying. I wasn't really close to being good at cooking, even the indomie sometimes I used to put excessive water.

After chit-chatting for some time, Barirah decided it was time to go home. Thus, I drove her in my new car. While on our way to their house she told me she was so happy conversing with Hajiya. "Hajiya is a nice woman gaskiya" she added.

"Yeah, she is" I testified.

"So, when are you planning on getting married?" she unexpectedly asked.

"Me?" I bluffed, "Why asking?"

"Hmm, just curious. You know, you are done with school and you already have a business doing. You also have a house of your own, Hajiya told me" she said.

"Well," I heaved a sigh, "the woman I wanted to marry turned down my hands not long ago. Now, I'm just being me" I said.

"Oh, eyyah. Maybe she has someone already" she empathized.

"Or maybe she just doesn't like me" I muttered.

"Either way, you have to move on. There are many women around, and judging from how handsome and nice you are I am pretty sure you won't have a hard time finding another woman," she placed one of her hands on my shoulder and continued, "the one that will take care of you and stand by you for the rest of your life"

"Hmm, thank you" I said in acknowledgement.

"You are welcome" she beamed at me.

***************

Swipe down for another update...

Half Girlfriend On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara