Chapter 33 - Minal

With Barirah gone, Sayyada gave me all the support I needed in bringing Imran closer to me.

She even helped me designed a letter with her system yesterday, printed it and delivered it to him today in an envelope. The letter reads thus,

"Dear Imran, from where should I even start? I don't even know what to say but, do you believe in love? I believe in love, and I think I am getting older. You are getting older too. So, what do you think? Are you ready to settle down? I am ready to settle down. Can we both settle down?"

I had wanted adding more words to the letter, without being too open but Sayyada advised me to leave it that way. She delivered the letter to him and in few hours, he called...

"I saw your handiwork" he said and scoffed, "What do you mean by all those words?" he asked freaking me out, didn't he get the message or was he just trying to pull my leg?

"What do you think?" I muttered.

"Well, I think we need to see each other. I will be back around four in the evening, can I come to your house?" he said.

"No, I mean... choose another location" I didn't actually want to have the whole moment ruined by Goggo Sabuwa or Abdullah.

"Okay, how about if we meet in Bunmi Restaurant?" he asked.

"If that's okay by you" I embraced the idea.

"Okay, if you come before me... reserve a spot for us. I will do the same if I first you" he said.

"Alright!" I joyfully said and ended the call.

Immediately after the call, I called Sayyada and talked to her about it. She thought I was kidding at first but sensing how serious I was, she eventually believed me.

She wished me the best and warned me to not fuck things up. But why would I even fuck things up? Lol, I needed nobody to tell me not to fuck things up.

Thirty minutes to our meeting, I got myself prepared in one of my latest abayas. The abaya was tight, it displayed my curves and I couldn't help but smile at my reflection in the mirror.

There was no need for heavy make up, I only put on some powder on my face and gloss on my lips. Thus, I wore my veil, took my purse and my car keys before leaving.

When I arrived at the location, I was surprised to see Imran's car parked in the parking space. I didn't actually thought he would arrive before me.

Without wasting much time, I stepped out of the car and headed straight into the restaurant...

There, I saw him in a blue caftan. He was wearing a matched northern cap and the cap was shining, same goes to the befitting design in his caftan. Everything was just, WOW!

I tried not to look at him too much as I was already getting uncomfortable. Actually, he had caught sight of me and was staring at me too.

I had to lower my gaze because I didn't want to end up losing my balance. Losing my balance would be catastrophe, it would certainly ruin our date. But date? Was it a date, or am I just exaggerating it?

"Wow," he stood to his feet as soon as I arrived at the spot he chose for us, "welcome" he pulled a chair for me to sit.

"Thank you" I blushed and sat down gently.

"You are welcome, Minal" he sat down as well and then summoned one of the waiters, "Your menus, please!" he requested.

"Right away, sir" The waiter went and brought two menus for us. Hence, he took our orders and left.

We both ordered for milkshake and some fries. Initially, I didn't even want to take anything the fact that I wasn't hungry.

Before the waiter returned, Imran cleared his throat and complemented my beauty. But not without mentioning Ya Siyyama's name. "You both took your mom's beauty" he added.

"Thank you" I muttered.

"You are welcome" he beamed at me, "So," he brought out something from his pocket which turned out to be the letter I sent him, "is it what I am thinking?" he asked, referring to the letter.

"What are you thinking?" I pretended as if I didn't know what he was talking about.

"That..." he paused and sighed, "that we are both old, and that we need to settle down and build our own family... together?" His words made me blushed, to the extent I ended up covering my face. "Together?" he uttered again, more like asking me out.

Not knowing how to respond to him, I nodded my head repeatedly with my face still buried in my palms...

***************

Another update.

Our story is gradually coming to an end, but do you think this relationship is going to work?

It's obvious Imran still like Siyyama, and it's obvious he's interested in Minal.

What will Siyyama's reaction be if she finds out Imran is in a relationship with her sister?

Follow me; KingMoha