8.2 Heart Or Throne? (part2)

In the dark room, lit by only one floor lamp, Arnav was standing alone, like a lone warrior. For "the" Arnav Singh Raizada who only knew how to possess, how to rule, how to lead, this situation was making him restless and sick. When he had money and power, people were around him like honeybees around a nectar. but now? Now that he had nothing, he had found all his so-called supporters turning away.

Which is why he needed this marriage the most!

And, maybe because it was her- Khushi, once 'his Khushi'! Although he never really considered her as his back then, she was just a pawn in his game until few years back...

Now he was not so sure.

He had judged her heavily when his father had showed her from a distance. "This" was chief minister Shashi Gupta's daughter? But then again, he was told she was kept away from politics and in general real harsh world. Well, now he was there to do the honor, wasn't he? Introduce to bad bad world, he would. and he did.
He had never loved her; he knew that. Attracted? Like hell! She was and still is a beauty, an exquisite creation. Now he knows, she is much more than just pretty body, she is a true blood ruler!
But few years back, when he first met her, he didn't know it, neither was she so mature. And he didn't have time for her silly heart games. He needed to march ahead towards the throne, to the Chief minister's chair, for which he needed to use her...

Flashback from 3 years ago:

"Bin maa ki bacchi hain Shashi, itni chut bhi mat do (she's a child without a mother, don't let her lose so much)." Madhumati, her bua had commented to her father, which Arnav overheard. He was staying in Lucknow from past few months and had V.I.P. access to the branded boutiques and other places where Guptas visited.

"Nahi jiji, meri bitiya mera guroor hain (my daughter is my pride), she knows her limits and anyway this is all if for her only." Shashi said looking lovingly at Khushi who was on a shopping spree.

Just then, someone kept a hand on his shoulder, and Arnav turned to see who it was,

"Stay away from her." Aman warned him. Aman, his best friend from college, who was once his devoted supporter, and who betrayed him to join Shashi Gupta camp few years ago.

"Oh? And who are you to stop me? My once best friend who now joined my enemies?"

"That was because I saw true face of your family, of your father! And you are stepping in his steps! I couldn't see my friend in you anymore." Aman said the same thing he had said back then.

"So you went and licked Gupta's boots? Or is it because you wanted bigger position? or maybe something else?" Arnav said suggesting to Khushi

"Shut up ASR! Not a word more!" Aman held his collar, but soon, sensing they will pull unnecessary attention, Arnav left from there.

This incident did least to stop Arnav and soon he wooed Khushi. Thankfully Aman used to be away most of the times, staying with Shashi Gupta which only helped Arnav...

End of flashback

But he didn't feel bad then, even when his mother confronted him, he cared nothing. Such was the nasha, the influence of power! His father had promised him chief minister's chair if he could destroy Shashi gupta's reputation. And the way to do so was his only daughter, a naïve silly small-town girl, Khushi. It had taken him a year to woo her, but boy, was it worth it?

And finally, when Shashi gupta's slapping his young daughter clip went viral, the scandal forced him to resign making way for him.

Flashback from 2 years ago: