28.5 Locha-e-ulfat of North&South (Finale)

Note: Long chapter alert!

--*--

The Gupta family and the Subramaniam family were in rush to do a lot of preparations for the upcoming wedding. It was decided that the wedding will happen in both North Indian-specifically Lucknavi, and South India- specifically Tamil styles. Anupam and Garima were happy that Khushi was getting to marry the boy she loved, Shashi was happy that at least one of his children was marrying as per his wish instead of following love marriage stupidity and Subramaniams were happy that Arnav and Khushi were happy.

However, Arnav and Khushi both felt guilty. Actually, khushi was feeling guilty and her guilt was making arnav sad. They were not doing any crime, but only hiding the truth from khushi's dad that this was not an 'arranged' scenario as he thought but they had tricked him into believing it was so.

"What do you want to do, Khushi?" Arnav asked as he and Khushi were meeting in the office cafeteria, now no longer needing to meet in the secret place of fire escape. Aman, Sheetal, NK, and Lavanya had joined them too. Of course, Lavanya was heartbroken when she got to know of arnav marrying khushi, she always had big crush on Arnav, but she was mature girl and understood that love can't be one sided. So, she was here with the rest of the gang, to be with arnav and khushi on their last day of work before they both went on a 3-weeks-long vacation for their wedding and honeymoon.

Khushi sighed. There was nothing she hid from arnav and her friends were also always there to support them, she knew. So, she told them what she was feeling, "I think we are doing wrong by hiding from papa about our relationship. I mean, he has agreed to our marriage thinking this was a boy he and my dada ji selected but in reality, it's not that, right?"

"But how does that matter now, khushi? I mean you two are getting married and have his blessings." Aman said.

"Exactly. Which is why I feel so guilty. I mean I wanted him to know about our love and perhaps, remove his bitterness about love marriage. That could have also helped me bring my Anjali Di and my Akash bhai back home. I feel there's more to his strong hatred for love, it can't just be dadu's teachings!"

Arnav was also pondering over what she said. He had promised her they would do this right. And that was why he was here with her, wasn't he? He had let go of many lucrative job offers to join Gupta steels just to win over her dad. Of course, Gupta Steel was a leading MNC too. But his main purpose was to win over her dad. So, why did he become a coward in the end?

"Let's do it, Khushi. Let's tell Shashi sir about our relationship and that we were already in love before he brought the marriage proposal." Arnav said, making khushi smile.

"Have you two gone mad? Why do you want to do this and ruin everything?" Sheetal asked.

"Yeah, I also feel, it's not a good idea." Lavanya said.

NK who was only listening to all this didn't say anything, as he knew how once Arnav decided to do something, nothing can deter him from it!

Khushi smiled. That's why she loved this man so much! He always stood by her, always understood her!

"But Arnav, this could also mean-"

"We will handle it Khushi. Together." Arnav said, understanding her fear of a possible separation!

Khushi smiled and hugged him from the side, keeping her head on his shoulder.

Ho akhiyan kare jee hazoori, Maange hai teri manzoori
Kajra siyahi, din rang jaye, Teri kasturi rain jagaye
Mann mast magan, mann mast magan
Bas tera naam dohraye

(My eyes are submissive to you, They ask for your permission
May the kohl and ink colour the day,Your musky eyes keep me up at night
My crazy heart, my crazy heart
Simply keeps repeating your name)