25. Sun Saathiya - final part

Reneeshah here goes the song you wished for this story; hope you enjoy it 🤗

--*--

Saahas's phone rang and he picked it at the 3rd ring. His changing expressions from mild disbelief to extreme joy made his parents happy too. Although they couldn't hear his conversation as he was standing outside the glass door of their verandah, they could guess it was happy news.

Soon, his call ended, and he walked in smiling.

"Why are you so happy, saahas?" Shashi asked his son.

"Haan beta, kiska phone tha (whose call was it)? Khushi ka?" Garima made a guess, smiling herself.

"Na- nahi maa, Dr. Sharma ka. Aanandi spoke her first word! Can you believe it? Dad? Finally! After so long, she spoke. This is the happiest moment of my life!" Saahas said, grinning ear to ear.

Shashi and Garima exchanged a look.

"And she has also decided to officially adopt Aanandi. Finally, she will get her own family."

"That's great beta. She and her husband are doing noble work." Garima said.

"Umm, she isn't married, Amma. She is doing this as a single mother." Saahas informed.

After saahas went to his room, Garima let her thoughts be loudly said for her husband, "Sometimes, it looks like we can't guess where his happiness lies anymore."

Shashi smiled and said, "and that you have got exactly right, Garima. Our son's happiness has changed its cause and if I am not wrong, he himself doesn't realize it yet."

.

.

It was late afternoon when Khushi rang the doorbell of her former house. She felt her steps falter for a second. But as she closed her eyes and reminded herself how she had felt after their lawyer's call yesterday, her resolve became stronger.

Lucky for her, Saahas came to open the door.

"Khushi! Wow. This is a pleasant surprise. Why didn't you inform me you were coming? I'd have come to pick you up from the airport." She smiled at his complaint as she followed him inside the house.

Shashi and Garima too came out by then and she touched their feet seeking their blessings. They had been a second set of parents for her, so their blessings meant a lot to her.

As they all got seated on the sofa, Khushi slowly but confidently began,

"Actually, I am here to say thanks and also to apologize to you all."

Garima's heart sank at that while saahas's face became serious, awaiting where she was going with this. Shashi too waited for what was to come,

"In the past 3 months, I had many moments of solitude to think. About how my life changed in ways I had never imagined. Marrying saahas was my dream and it got fulfilled. Our fairytale life after our marriage has some of the happiest memories for me." she said with a smile as saahas too smiled a little thinking of past.

"But then, when I lost him, I lost myself too. I don't know if it was our love or my strong disbelief to accept my fairytale had ended, but I had paused my life, waiting for saahas to come back." she said further as her audience too felt her sadness.

"Just when I thought, this is how it will be until I take my last breath, I found that I was wrong in taking life for granted. I realized, I was not doing anything to find my happiness, to find saahas. So, I went to Manali, sure of finding him." she said as he listened with rapt attention, "But after my travel to Manali and doing everything, I could to find you, I gave up Saahas. I accepted our fate that maybe, maybe this was it for this lifetime of ours." she said, teary eyed as even saahas's eyes reflected her feelings.