15. Piya Ghar Aaye...(OS)

Today's love-bash is a special love story; celebrating reunion of two souls who are meant to be yet keep staying apart. Read on:

--*--

Life of an army officer is a synonym of intensity, intense passion for his motherland, intense love for his countrymen and intense hatred for the enemy. Amidst all this, there is hardly any time that he can afford for the intensity of heart's matters...even if he does, it seldom gets a chance to come to fruition.

And then there are as many lovers, wives and premikas waiting for their Piya(heroes). For these ladies their whole world revolves around their men, and battlefield itself is their enemy!

Amidst all this, there remain so many unsaid, untold love stories buried in the battlefield.

One such a story is about a passionate, courageous army officer Arnav and his sweet, demure, devoted lover Khushi.

.

.

He was returning home after 6 long years. Gone was a 17-years-old timid teenager boy, he was now a full-grown man, chiseled and all! The time away from his home in Jaipur had not exactly been easy for him, harsh cold weather of Dehradun as well as difficult training at that military college had roughened his once soft heart.

However, as his jeep passed by his old-school where he had studied until he left 6 years ago, his eyes donned a tender look in them...

This was the place where he had met her... Khushi. She had joined their school directly in the 10th grade, her parents had gotten a transfer from some other city. And this shy girl with her twin folded plaits with ribbons had made a place in his heart.

They had never really spoken to each other much, but every time they crossed the other in the hallway or casually stolen a glance at the other across the classroom, their eyes spoke volumes...

After their high school graduation, he went on to join army college as was the tradition of Raizada family men while she had joined some local arts college.

The last he heard, she was going to get married soon, with someone who was settled in America...of course, why would she wait for him anyway? It was not like he had told her about his feelings ever. Besides, he was aware his life was different and a girl like her probably dreamt of a more 'normal life'; she deserved every happiness of a loving partner who was with her all the time unlike him who could never promise his return...

And with that thought, lieutenant Arnav Singh Raizada marched towards his home...

--*--

Khushi was bubbling with excitement and joy since the morning, well, actually since last 1 month. And why not? He was going to return home today... Arnav. Her love. Her wait of so many years, 6 long years was going to be fulfilled...

Ae ri sakhi more Piya ghar aaye, bhaag lage iss aangan ko
(O friend, the homecoming of my Beloved has made this courtyard so perfectly blessed)

She had noticed him on her first day of the school itself, when as a 10th grader she had joined as transfer student. He was like any other boy his age; yet he was so different...because despite his eyes speaking so much to her, he never made her uncomfortable by making any advance.

And just when she thought, she could go and speak to him herself, she got to know he had left for an army college...