13. Thodi Si Bewafai - Epilogue

This one is for eowynqueen for feeling so strongly for this story <3.

--*--

3 months later:

It was bedtime and an almost sleepy Aaradhya was discussing something very important with her mother as was their nightly routine. But halfway through, she realized her mamma was distracted.

"Hey miss. mamma, are you listening? I asked what will be in my lunch box tomorrow."

Khushi looked down at her daughter in her arms and suppressed a giggle at her slightly annoyed face. Aaradhya used to sometimes call her 'miss. mamma' when she wanted to have a 'serious' discussion. Well, as serious as a 5-years-old could have. Like in this case lunch box menu! So, pulling her a bit more closer, and pinching her nose, Khushi answered her baby,

"Sorry miss. baccha, mamma was thinking something. But tell me what do you want?"

She grinned at this. She loved this part of her bedtime routine with khushi more than anything, where they would discuss her favorite meals for the next day!

"Can I have bhindi(okra)? Please?"

Khushi chuckled, "Baby, you had it just yesterday." but when Aaradhya pouted hearing a near-no, Khushi gave in. "Ok, fine. And breakfast mein frankie(a roll of stirred vegies in a roti/flat bread)?"

Aaradhya gleefully nodded and hugged her tight as Khushi kissed her head and patted her to sleep.

.

Khushi had decided to be a stay-at-home mom. When Arnav asked her if she was sure of this, she had calmly replied, "I am more than sure of this, Arnav. If you remember, I had always wanted to be a housewife and look after my family. My mother was a working woman; I know how much I missed her around and even when she tried her best, there were times I knew she couldn't be there. I don't really complain as she did her best and for our best stressing herself at times. But I didn't want that for myself and that is my choice." She said firmly. "Arnav, looking after Aaradhya and you, taking care of our house, waiting for you both at home when you return from work or school gives me happiness. And mind you mister, a job of a housewife is no less easy, its more challenging than any corporate job." she said, narrowing her eyes to put her point across.

Arnav had raised his hands in surrender and then pulled her close, "I love you Khushi and your happiness is what matters to me. If it lies staying at home, I will be more than happy with that. I think I can provide for us. And anyway, who can resist being welcomed by the smiling face of his beautiful wifey after a stressful day at work? And of course, being a housewife is not an easy task, sweetie. But me and radha will love having you all to ourselves 24*7." he said kissing her forehead.

.

Khushi sighed watching Arnav's never ending phone call still going on at 11pm in the night! This was the usual case since last 3 months of their reunion. He used to have daily talk with his counsellor at this time. And it generally lasted 30 minutes on average. She also did the same. But her timings were in the morning, when Aaradhya went to school and Arnav to his office. But Arnav's calls at this time made her annoyed. Granted this was the time she would be putting Aaradhya to sleep, who always liked to be put to sleep by her mamma, after a bunch of bedtime tales and meals-menu discussions, but Khushi wanted Arnav too to be there. Aaradhya was fine with it though; she finally had her mamma who cuddled her to herself all night and showered her with kisses all the time!

"Sorry, it took longer today." Arnav said coming into the room from the attached balcony and put his phone on the bedside table, to get into the bed beside Khushi. The family of 3 used to sleep on the same bed, radha in Khushi's arms and Arnav holding them both to himself. They still faced separation anxieties and at times one of them used to wake up in the middle of the night with a nightmare and then feel relaxed finding the other two sound asleep within their reach!